From The Ground Up

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
lmandeville

From The Ground Up

Postby lmandeville » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:02 am

I have finished a small demo of a game where you build your own mall. There are a lot of things that I'm still going to change in the game and the art is horrible but the basics of the game are there. Anyone can download the game at(Removed link due to games section rules.) and feel free to write me any comments good or bad. Also if anyone has some suggestions for the game or even names of shops. Thanks and I hope you like it.

(Removed link due to games section rules.)

Wonderland
001 Forum Master

Re: From The Ground Up

Postby Wonderland » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:15 pm

People would be more enticed if there was more info and some screenshots. :)

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:18 pm

And if the link had not been removed.

Wonderland
001 Forum Master

Postby Wonderland » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:50 pm

I suppose that isn't really his choice.

He could use his sig.
Last edited by Wonderland on Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:58 pm

Really, he should just upload the game to the web-site like everyone else :P.

Wonderland
001 Forum Master

Postby Wonderland » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:23 pm

Oh. I thought he was linking to his game section game. Oh. :oops:

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:35 pm

I believe linking to anywhere on the 001 website works here in the game section :P

http://www.engine001.com/ (Works, 001 website)
(Removed link due to games section rules.) (Removed, it was simply google)
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

lmandeville

Postby lmandeville » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Yea, I wasn't aware of the rules when I posted the link to my game here. I actually hadn't even thought about screenshots and stuff, I'm actually really new to creating games and am not so good with doing anything on the computer, but I'm learning. I will re post my game in the correct location soon, but I may as well as finish the second update first. Thanks for all the feedback and I'll try to do things better next time. Feel free to continue to comment here, it will only give me that much more inspiration keep working. Time will be getting hard to come by over here since the holidays are coming and I work retail. :) Anyways.

A better description of my game From the Ground Up (name is a work in progress) is that you are the owner of a new mall. You begin with only the bargain court with ten options of shops to build. I plan to add upgrades to all of the shops up to level 10 each. Once you earn enough money you can purchase the next section of the mall, the Midday Plaza, which will open 15 more shops. You will earn revenue based on time and your mall improvements will also take a certain amount of time. Hopefully this is a little better description than before.

P.S. I don't know why but everyone here thinks I'm a male. I am actually female. Thanks for reading.

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:15 am

lmandeville wrote:P.S. I don't know why but everyone here thinks I'm a male. I am actually female. Thanks for reading.

Sorry about that ;).

Return to Games In Progress