Hunger in a zombie apocalypse?

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
Loki
001 Enthusiast

Hunger in a zombie apocalypse?

Postby Loki » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:28 pm

Been working on a game design document for a future project I hope to make sometime this year with 001, and I've come to a feature I'd like more public opinions on.

Hunger in a zombie apocalypse. A realistic must have that contributes to the survival genre? Or an annoyance? Should there a field which shows your hunger? Should you require food and/or water to survive, else you starve and die?

Please reply with your opinions. Thanks guys.

Some key issues could be simple things like, people accidently saving their game seconds before starvation, then realising they can't continue because theres no food nearby and they die. That could ruin their save game for them resulting in a waste. Issues like this. Discuss.
2D Sprite & Tileset Artist, and MIDI Composer

YunO
001 Fanatic

Re: Hunger in a zombie apocalypse?

Postby YunO » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:38 pm

It's good. I liked the idea. And that problem, you should put a Comparison branch, that checks if the char is hungry/thirsty and then allow save game or not.
Huge project coming soon...

Partysofa
001 Support

Re: Hunger in a zombie apocalypse?

Postby Partysofa » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:04 pm

That's a good idea dude. This is such an awesome thing to add for a game!
001 Discord server Image
Twitter Image
Tales of Astya (WIP) Development Blog

Return to Games In Progress