Message Box Loading Issue

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Mike
001 Co-Founder

Message Box Loading Issue

Postby Mike » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:43 pm

Every time a message box choice is taken, Partysofa indicated to me that the loading screen shows up. Can anyone else confirm this as well? Is there certain circumstances that make it so?

Thanks everyone!

Whoacoder
001 Support

Re: Message Box Loading Issue

Postby Whoacoder » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:30 pm

I was just about to post something myself, I am experiencing a speedy loading screen every time I close any of my own interfaces at all or select message box choices. Interestingly, I was not going to report it at first, as it worked perfectly in my Plain Files build. Though when I do a Setup install, the build continues to demonstrate a quick flashing load screen every time my interfaces close and return back to the main screen, or each time I make a choice in a message box.

It does this to me in testing and setup builds, but not plain files (?)

Edit: I seem to have a few Reset Interface events in my interface shutting controls; not too sure about the message box setup, but I have an script that resets a simple text field display and it also causes this. If I remove the reset interface event from the script, it no longer causes the loading issue

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:31 pm

Ah yep, it's related to resetting interfaces indeed. It also seems to be noticeable in some cases and not in others. It has now been fixed for next version, which will be VERY soon :) !

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:29 pm

Cool I've just noticed this myself.

vlastan
001 Subscriber

Postby vlastan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:53 am

Mike wrote:Ah yep, it's related to resetting interfaces indeed. It also seems to be noticeable in some cases and not in others. It has now been fixed for next version, which will be VERY soon :) !

Awesome! I just noticed the same problem but i am glad it has been already reported :)

Whoacoder
001 Support

Postby Whoacoder » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:42 pm

Almost made a new topic before I remembered this one was still up. I seem to still be experiencing the flashing loading screens upon interface reset even after the latest Sub download. It no longer happens with the Message Boxes, but it seems to happen every time I reload one of my own interfaces

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:31 pm

Ahh, thanks for noting that. Seems there was an issue with "Reset Interface" always showing the loading screen. Fixed for next version :) !

Return to Technical Support Questions