Arcade-like Game Question: Starfield?

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Draugr

Arcade-like Game Question: Starfield?

Postby Draugr » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:19 pm

I just picked up 001 and wanted to start with something simple, then expand upon it as I get more familiar with the software.

Right now, I'm thinking of a simple space shooter like Space Invaders, but with a few twists.

The first issue that comes to mind is having a starfield in the background of space. Think of Galaxian and how the stars (tiny dots) were randomly on the screen behind the invaders and players. Some stars might twinkle, others might be red instead of white, etc... I searched the forums here but didn't see any posts regarding a similar idea.

If anyone has any info or ideas on how this may be implemented, please let me know.

Thanks,
John

dragonnutds
001 Subscriber

Re: Arcade-like Game Question: Starfield?

Postby dragonnutds » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:35 pm

wouldn't be random unless you scripted it, but you could have animated tiles to draw the background with, or use a parallax, which can make a really good moving star field effect.

Return to Technical Support Questions