Cosmetic fields makes difficult to select what is behind

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
vlastan
001 Subscriber

Cosmetic fields makes difficult to select what is behind

Postby vlastan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:47 pm

Hi! I was recently working on the dialogue ui for my game and i am having a little problem.
When i have a selectable field with a cosmetic field on top (in my case it's a text field), this will make the lower field difficult to select.
Is there a way to make cosmetic fields not affect the bounding box of what is underneath them?

Another case is if i have a big sprite on the fullscreen interface to create a vignette effect (darker borders of the screen)
The effects is nice to look, but the field is covering everything that is under it, and in this case it affects all the mouse actions on my npc and interactive items.
Vignette1.jpg

Vignette2.jpg

noeneto123
001 Support

Re: Cosmetic fields makes difficult to select what is behind

Postby noeneto123 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:56 am

Have you tried to put the selectable field on top?

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:14 am

Mike has just recently added an "Ignore Cursor" Field option that will be available in the next subscription beta. It allows you to create Fields that don't obstruct what's behind them, which sounds like what you're looking for.
Lee - 001 Community Manager

vlastan
001 Subscriber

Postby vlastan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:29 am

Lee wrote:Mike has just recently added an "Ignore Cursor" Field option that will be available in the next subscription beta. It allows you to create Fields that don't obstruct what's behind them, which sounds like what you're looking for.

That is what I wanted to hear... Perfect :D

Return to Technical Support Questions