Game of Thrones

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
Adam
001 Forum Master

Game of Thrones

Postby Adam » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:28 pm

How come there wasn't a thread for this show already? Game of Thrones is mentioned literally everywhere I look. I can't even watch my youtube cat videos without someone bringing it up or making some clever reference. A friend of mine finally pressured me into watching the first episode, and, needless to say, I liked it a lot :P. It's well written, the characters get established early on and show a great deal of potential, plus I'm totally a sucker for political intrigue.
It has it's little problems; however, having read some reviews, I really don't understand the controversies over the show's use of sex and violence. I don't mind it, as long as it serves a purpose, and it totally does here. Opinions?

-

also, i find this way too amusing than it should be
Somewhere out there, is a planet with no war, no hunger, no poverty, no killing, and no evil.
It also has no oxygen

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Dunce » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:40 pm

I am like this TV show yes. THis tV is the best in all.

Lol, but seriously, a couple days ago I watched episodes 1-9 of season 3, next Sunday is going to be great. It's definitely not a show for kids, but for us older peeps it's a great medieval adventure. I love that there are things happening all around the world and it's all because of one thing. It's hard to really talk about without spoiling anything for someone who hasn't seen any of the three seasons(or read the books).

I think it's really well done with great characters, and I like how unpredictable it can be.

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:13 am

My wife convinced me to watch it. I did not like the first episode at all, but then I gave it a chance and I really really like it. Fell asleep half way through ep3 last night, but that was because it was like 3 in the morning, not because it was boring. I plan on finishing all the current episodes soon so I can get caught up.

I still like the other HBO show, True Blood, better though. WAY too much unnecessary sex(especially in the first season), and the 2 main characters from the early seasons are absolutely terrible actors, but that adds to the campy charm of it I guess. I just like the premise of True Blood more than the medieval thing I guess, but I'll probably change my mind the more I watch Game of Thrones. The acting and production value is way better than True Blood anyway.

Gamerdude
001 Support

Postby Gamerdude » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:17 am

SBG wrote:I did not like the first episode at all, but then I gave it a chance and I really really like it.

Yeah, same here pretty much. Didn't see the hype, got bored and decided to watch the next few... it grew on me, but I'm definitely not it's biggest fan.

I know it (somewhat) follows the books but I just haven't really seen much progress in the story lately. The most recent episode's ending seemed to be a little unnecessary, though now I guess other characters will have motivation.

YahooHatesLiana

Postby YahooHatesLiana » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:56 pm

Hodor.

'Nuff said.
Last edited by YahooHatesLiana on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

camisaac

Postby camisaac » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:53 am

Really great series. I've read all the books and the next season for the show is by far the best.

rulegram
001 Enthusiast

Postby rulegram » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:24 pm

I watched the first season recently on XBMC. It's a really good show, but sometimes it does seem like they are trying too hard to be controversial. I mean the whole Queen and her brother thing, the gay guys, and all the deaths. An episode can't go by without more gore.

It's not Grade A television but it's good nonetheless. My favourite part (spoiler alert)? When her brother dies and Danaerys says: "Fire can not kill a dragon"!
Best 001 quote ever: "this is a HUGE GAME. It has a file of 68.59MB." - dude

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:32 pm

*cough* thosethingsallexistinthebookseries *cough*

TV based on a book can't ignore the book :P

kerub
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby kerub » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:45 am

Though you are right with the book etc, I think they really gave special attention to all those sex scenes to provoke and be controversial. That always sells.

AndreasWZ

Postby AndreasWZ » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:56 am

Hello, Where do you guys watch Game Of Thrones? I tried to watch it online but I can't find it anyway without you having to pay like $30.00.

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:51 pm

Either subscribe to HBO or download it from the dark side of the internet, but we're not here to talk about piracy.

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:31 pm

Isn't it on netflix?
Somewhere out there, is a planet with no war, no hunger, no poverty, no killing, and no evil.
It also has no oxygen

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:09 pm

No it's not. Netflix has gone to crap.

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:48 pm

I wouldn't necessarily say that yet. In the US, we have received some more television shows, which I appreciate. Quantico, Luke Cage, The 100, Sharanara Chronicles, Walking Dead, Grimm, etc.

Return to General Discussion