Mouse input with custom controls

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Seujiro

Mouse input with custom controls

Postby Seujiro » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:03 am

So I made a new input set, and now the selectable interface that simulates those controls doesn't work for some reason. If I do the same thing to do default controls it works just fine. All I did was put selectable sprites with the simulate control dropdown selected to each control. Really weird.

SBG
001 Subscriber

Re: Mouse input with custom controls

Postby SBG » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:44 pm

More than likely it's because you made a custom mouse input, but also there is a default mouse input that you may have overlooked in the input triggers, so your mouse input fires off twice with one click. Check to make sure you only have one mouse trigger in your input. I'd just delete the default input set labeled "Mouse" or "Cursor"(can't remember what it's actually called, one of the two).

Seujiro

Re: Mouse input with custom controls

Postby Seujiro » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:06 pm

Actually I haven't messed with the mouse input at all, I've just left the default one there.

EDIT: Anyone have any tips? I still haven't found out what the issue is. From what I can tell it should be working fine.

Return to Technical Support Questions