The Dead <100% Zombie Survival Game By Justin Daniels>

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
Justin0Daniels

The Dead <100% Zombie Survival Game By Justin Daniels>

Postby Justin0Daniels » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:54 pm

PLEASE GIVE THE PAGE A MOMENT TO LOAD. THANK YOU.

SCREENSHOTS
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Justin0Daniels on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Re: The Dead <By Justin Daniels>

Postby Indiana 266 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:12 am

Nice; If I'm not mistaken, faily dependent on message boxes for your scripting?

Justin0Daniels

Re: The Dead <By Justin Daniels>

Postby Justin0Daniels » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:38 am

Actually, the screenshots mostly show the parts that have the message box as being used, however, I have a custom script that makes the message appear in real-time when in gameplay <Ex. The last pic with the skull on it, the letters say "You have died". I'm using that same HUD object as the Primary text in-game, while I use the "Log Text" as the alternative during the first cinematic event. If you would like to know what it is, please continue reading.

-The event-
Your character's car is nearly out of gas, so he/she will stop at a gas station. Then he/she will begin to talk to himself/herself through the Log Text. When the player character gets to a certain spot in the gas station, some lights go out, and in the log text, your character will start off going, "What the Hell?!" then he/she will turn back around, and head into the gas station while saying in the log text, "Eh, maybe it's just a power surge."

Really, the only things you'll see with the default text will be either looting, or doing a special action, like cooking, pushing/pulling furniture <Which is there for you to make a barricade with>, or even picking berries from a bush <And yes, the berries will disappear from the bush.>. It is also used in the first cinematic event for the NEWS Report, mostly due to the fact that not all people can read fast, and if it were to go into the "Log Text", then it will disappear while the reader is in the middle of reading. So really, I had no choice but to use the default text for those.

And thank you for the quick reply :).

If anyone wants to be a beta tester, just let me know via pm, and I'll be happy to release some "Testing" versions of my game for y'all. I may even share some tutorials if y'all need any help with your work, and if you see something in my game you are also trying to accomplish :) . If you ever need help, just pm me the details.

If you want to hear the title music, so you can get a good "Audible" feel to how the game will be, search Youtube for "Nox Arcana Nocturne" and click the link with the man in the red cloak walking towards the camera. Currently, I believe it is the first video, but it MAY change one day, but for now, it's the first link.

Also, if you want to view a video of the game in action, search youtube for "the dead justin daniels". It should be the first link. REMEMBER! The video is outdated in comparison to these screenshots, but it still shows you a couple of the basic stuff ;).

ITB
001 Subscriber

Re: The Dead <100% Zombie Survival Game By Justin Daniels>

Postby ITB » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:27 am

Not bad, not bad.

However, I'd like to see a more 'Doomsday Zombie Apocaylypse' atmosphere. Night time, Blood on the walls, that kinda thing. Use your lights! ;)

Other than that, there is hope for this game.

Justin0Daniels

Postby Justin0Daniels » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:25 am

Thanks! :). But if I may, I would like to point out that I DO have a few more things I didn't mention yet. One of which, is that you WILL see other survivors fighting for their lives, until they die, and become zombies themselves. One scene of the game, the very beginning, will involve your character witnessing a friend's death, and then your character will run out of the store, and through an alley, where he/she will witness more chaos, such as many dead bodies everywhere, and people getting killed by zombies. Also, a zombie will get out of a car, and move towards you. Also, 2 zombies will follow you from the gas station you just left, leaving you with the choice to fight for your life, or run the Hell away! I'll update my pictures with some screenshots of that area. Oh, but also, it has a Day/Night system, and it will be impossible to rid the world of all zombies. Also, if you like being surrounded by bloodied bodies, you're in luck. The bodies don't disappear, and more zombies spawn. Some players may lag over this, but really, that's what testing is for. Finding out what needs to be changed. Either way, I'd doubt that many will survive long enough to fill the whole map with bodies. By the way, I'll make this post a Hall of Fame whenever the game is released, so if you survive longer than others, <With Screenshot Proof, of course.> you can send me a message to add you to the Hall of fame :). In order to participate, you will need to inform me of how many days you survived, AS WELL AS how you died. Did you die by infection, hunger, dehydration, or perhaps a Psycho or Looter? Of course, the Hall of Fame IS OPTIONAL, so you don't have to if you don't want to.
And as for the "Doomsday" Zombie Apocalypse, with blood everywhere, this game is ALL that, actually. You see, you start off in the beginning, and as time flows, things will get 100x more hectic, and 100x more "Doomsday" feeling. If you survive 20 days, the Military will start appearing, and wiping out any in their path, living or dead. So there WILL be plenty of chaos to go around.

RPGCreator
001 Enthusiast

Postby RPGCreator » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:38 pm

So, after 20 days you have to defend yourself from the military too? And I think if Multiplayer becomes available, this game would be pretty good for it... if the players wanted to take a risk of finding other's houses.

2cool4me4
001 Subscriber

Postby 2cool4me4 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:31 pm

Well, even though this looks like a GREAT game, I don't think I will be playing it, because I will probably jump so high, I will break my laptop. Easily spooked.
Once you have mastered the :usevalue:, you are a truly awesome 001er.

Wonderland
001 Forum Master

Postby Wonderland » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:40 pm

That looks fun. How far along in development are you?

Justin0Daniels

Postby Justin0Daniels » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:00 am

Well, I managed to get a few ideas to add to the zombie apocalypse... one of which is the increase in difficulty. After 20 days, the military will appear. After 40 days, the zombies will get more strength, at the cost of HP. After 60 days, your character will get "Delusional" and start seeing/hearing things that aren't there, such as ghosts, and skulls will sometimes pop out of the screen, which may scare some players. This will only occur on some days, and after that day is over, your character will have a 50-50 chance of snapping out of it. After 80 days, power will be out in the city. You will have to find flash lights and batteries to remain able to see clearly. After 100 days, the zombies will not be the only things to worry about. Demons will start appearing, and they move as fast as you. Thankfully, I added a run feature, but also an energy one, as well. After 120 days, Fire will start falling from the sky, and when it lands, it will catch a fire on anything around it. After 240 days, Behemoths will appear, and they will move as fast as you, but they can kill you in 2 shots. Then, if you survive a year or more (365+ days) Diablo will appear, and he is not to be messed with. If he hits you, you die instantly. He also moves 1.5x your speed, and is invincible. If you make it past 365 days, or at least make it to 365 days, a code will appear upon your death. That code will be the password to the beta of the online version when Engine 001 is capable, and it gets released. Sorry if this message is jumbled up. I am typing this on my phone.

TheRPGLPer
001 Enthusiast

Postby TheRPGLPer » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:19 pm

I am really interested in this, good job!
Bet you wasn't expecting me to come back so quickly.

RPGking
001 Forum Master

Postby RPGking » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:34 pm

I just posted some zombie moans in the resouces section.

Return to Games In Progress