Map.Loaded Use-Value Issue

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Mage42

Map.Loaded Use-Value Issue

Postby Mage42 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:53 pm

I don't know if this is me doing something wrong or a bug, but it's very confusing. I did mention this over on the support section on discord but posting here as i never got a repsonse. I have system message that displays when i press F6. It's scripted to check if a certain map is loaded. However when i press F6 it "Pre-loads" the map i want to check is loaded or not, then returns a 1 (Telling me the map is loaded) Yet the map is NOT loaded, i know for a fact it's not. So i am wondering what the point in having a use value is to check a maps loaded status if the use-value just pre-loads the map anyway? Of course it's going to say it's loaded, it loads it then checks it's load status. I don't really understand how that makes sense. Thanks.

Map("Wormhole Effect").Loaded is the value i am using inside a System log Message event.

Return to Technical Support Questions