Outbreak

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
LoneWolf7

Outbreak

Postby LoneWolf7 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:06 pm

Outbreak is a game that is not yet finished,so please bear that in mind.It starts off in setor 9,shortly after a strange virus has leaked out of a laboratory and infected the colonies that live in the different sectors.Minutes after infection,they mutate into Cannaballistic creatures;Who can spread the virus through saliva,blood e.t.c.Anyway,sector 9 is a heavily contaminated area.After escaping,you arrive in one of the lighter infected areas;sector 14,where you will eventually realize the basic story so far;which is:[spoiler]that the computer was infected with a computer virus,and malfuctioned.It then infected the sectors as a precaution against it's own virus.The person who infected it is the health inspector,who is not made out to be a very vividly backgrounded character,AS OF YET...[/spoiler]So that's it so far!

Lord Cohliani
Ultimate 001 Member

Re: Outbreak

Postby Lord Cohliani » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:21 pm

Another zombie game? Tell us what makes it unique...

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:59 am

I played it when you sent me the link to it awhile ago.
That boss kind of thing(forgot what it's called) killed me in like one second

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:49 am

Lord Cohliani wrote:Another zombie game? Tell us what makes it unique...

Although Cohliani can be a bit harsh at times, I really have to agree.
What is the main objective of the game other than to kill an infinite quantity of zombies?
And where is the plot deviation from this:
Suddenly, zombies came out for no apparent reason.
You take a gun and kill a lot of them, then a boss zombie comes out.
After killing him and feeling great pride, you win.

Add some twists to the storyline and something interesting that makes your zombie game unique and have replay value...
And test our your boss battle to see if you can defeat it yourself.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Apocalypse I Act I: //////////////////// - 25% Done, Demo v0.3
AVAILABLE: http://www.engine001.com/games/Apocalypse+I+-+Act+I_601.htm
Please play through the full game, or PM me for hints and easter eggs.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Return to Games In Progress