Proteus-MMCMIX

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
Dunce
001 Forum Master

Proteus-MMCMIX

Postby Dunce » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:28 am

Story---
Robird sets sail on his first day as a Pirate. He's a lowly swabbie, but everyone has to start out somewhere. He is looking for adventure in any place he can find it, but hasn't thought of the dangers he might face. And those dangers are closer than he thinks, for a few hours later a nasty storm catches the ship mid-sea.

Panic sets in as the crew can't get control of the ship. Robird begins to regret his decision to become a Pirate as the ship is overcome by a large wave. Some time passes and he wakes up to find himself washed ashore. Looking around he sees some debris from the ship. He is alone. He wonders to himself if anyone else made it to dry land. After a bit of thinking he decides it would be best if he made a shelter. He grabs the wood and metal debris and makes a makeshift axe. With this he can cut down trees for wood.

Gameplay---
Sidescrolling Survival Platform Adventure

Custom Name - The Main Character is named Robird in the story, but the player will be able to set any name they want.

Crafting System - Combine materials you find on the island to make items and tools.

Travel - As you explore, more areas open up to you. To open a new area you must travel to it through a currently unlocked area. Once the area is unlocked you can Fast Travel to it at any time.

Ability System - Learn new abilities as your score goes up. Certain areas and terrain require you know an ability to progress. Large gaps would require a longer jump. There are four that are complete so far.

Day/Night Cycle - It's more safer to explore during the day, but you may find more valuable things from enemies at night. If you make a sleeping bag you don't have to travel to your shelter to sleep and become day. There will be an on screen watch that tells time and how many days have passed since you arrived on the island.

Score System - Score is like Experience. Some areas may require a certain Score for you to access, for the enemies and challenges might be too tough. Getting a certain amount of Score raises your HP three different times allowing 6 HP total.

Tools - These can have many different uses. Use the Shovel to dig up soft patches in sand or dirt, or an Axe to cut wood.

Screens---
This shows off a New enemy called a Miner Ball, and my dirt tile set.

The new menu set up. Also shows a bridge, and broken bridge in the background.

Old Info---
When I first started making this game I had in mind that I wanted it to be a computer world. As I made graphics I realized that making objects for it was getting difficult due to the limited color palette. I was messing around and tried adding in a blue colored grass tile, and it looked horrible compared to all the black in the background. I decided to add another color into the mix, brown, and that is what lead me to where I am now.

The game is no longer about a computer world, and I have been able to make many objects now. As for a story, I actually haven't thought on it too much. Mainly been focusing on gameplay and graphics. Hopefully I'll come up with something while working on more cool stuff.

The name Proteus came about strangely. Back when the game was about a computer world, I had Proto stuck in my mind. I then thought of Protios. I googled it and a bunch of foreign language stuff showed up so I translated it and it became Proteus. I looked that up and found out that it was the name of a Greek god of the ocean/sea and one of Neptune's moons. I love the moon and the ocean, and my main color style is blue, so I thought it fit nicely.

You can follow me on Twitter(its in my sig) where I will be giving updates about the game as I go.
Last edited by Dunce on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:13 am, edited 11 times in total.

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Re: Proteus

Postby Zhuge » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:04 pm

Oh wow, the changes to the tiles are looking good. :D

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:27 pm

Ok, I found out that MsPaint and the Picture viewer for windows7 are screwed up after I installed Service Pack 1. I'm using Paint.net to save the pictures now and they are the actual full quality.

Here's a new one. New rock ground, lava, and lava floaters. You have to sprint over the floaters or you both fall into the lava.
(Oh poo, I notice something is off with my new rock ground.)

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:57 pm

So nice! Too bad there's no contest to motivate you to finish this completely :D.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Lol. The Arcade Contest really helped me out in many ways. It helped me get a complete game out, but it also gave me the base idea for this game. I was able to do most of the player ability scripting in the first day, and have a nice start to graphics. Of course I phased out the black background, but that's opened up the world graphics for me.

I do think I can finish this. My main motivation is if I do good enough then hopefully when I'm ready to release we will have iPhone support.

EDIT:

Here's a progress update.

I renamed Gadgets to Tools and I'm nearly done with the Tools Interface.

I changed how the dirt ground looked because it didn't look good at all lol.

Added some Rock step tiles.

I decided to remove 1 of the 5 abilities since it required an object to use it. The removed ability became a Tool. So far I have four Tools complete.

You are now able to jump on top of certain objects(Trees, Houses, Etc.). Pressing down while on top of them allows you to fall back down to the ground.

Score now shows 0s up to the max 9999999 instead of just your score. (Like in Mario games)

Added in Data Cards. These will be like Coins you would collect through out the level. They will be used for unlockable Bonus Levels. These cards will not reappear when you reenter the level.

Added in Secret Mojo Cola Can collectables. What they are used for is secret at the moment. These will not reappear when you reenter the level.

Stephen Chapman
001 Forum Master

Postby Stephen Chapman » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:03 pm

I expect this game on my desk by next month. :D Nice work so far mate.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:06 am

New update!

I added in Snow and Ice. When walk over the ice you will slide until you leave the ice. You won't be able to move except for jumping. Will make for an awesome Donkey Kong Country Minecart Madness like snow level.

I added in sand and a Palm tree. I'm not too sure about the palm tree. Its perspective is a bit off.
For the sand, I feel like its too much. I might just have a row or two of sand then under it be wall of grass or something.
An added bonus is a Tool called Innertube.

Edit: I did a bunch of cool graphics stuffs today. I mainly changed some colors and added in swamp stuff. Some of the new things are Levers that activate a certain mechanism(sort of like switches in dream[e]scape(which no one has played yet lol)). There are also rock falls. Using a lever that opens a gate, a bunch of rocks come pouring out from the other side and you die. Rocks(ones you can throw) can activate levers, and that adds a little strategy.

New swamp stuff. Mainly recolors, but looks nice.

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:37 am

That look awesome :D

Anymore characters besides the 2 you've shown?

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:23 am

No not any new enemies yet. I was mainly working on obstacles. I forgot to mention a mossy push stone that I made. Looks pretty cool.

I have a couple ideas for some enemies though, especially ones using the Difference Branch. I'll have an enemy that hides in a hole, and if you get close enough(using the Difference Branch to check the difference between the player's and it's Xs) he will pop up and spit stuff at you. I'm going for a less violent approach with this game, so to kill him you have to pounce on his head. Throwing a rock at him would work too lol.

EDIT: Was messing around and thought of digging. The shovel dig animation turned out cooler than I thought it would, and it all works great for 1x1 holes on the surface. Haven't thought a nice way to dig the tile 1 in forward and 1 down from you. And I'd need something like a Tile Branch so you aren't digging up ever tile lol.

For now I will only work with 1x1 holes on the surface marked by a soft patch. Here's a picture of it in action(shows the Mossy Push Stone too):
digging.png
digging.png (7.12 KiB) Viewed 3543 times

There's four frames in the dig, and the sand particles looks better moving in game.

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:50 am

This game looks like it'll be an epic one. Keep up the good work! 8)
Lee - 001 Community Manager

Jegar
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Jegar » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:04 am

I really dig the digging mechanic, no pun intended. I also like the pushing mechanic.

Do you need ladder code? Because I just figured that out.
I can make a character rise, fall, and stay on a ladder.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:31 am

I think that would be cool, but I want to keep it fully facing right or left. With ladders, I'd want to make a facing up pose and I don't know how the sprite would look facing up lol. Climbing rope or vines might be better for platformers with only two facing directions.

I could change my mind though since climbing vines, like Ocarina of Time, might be cool.

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:30 am

Looks amazing man!

Stephen Chapman
001 Forum Master

Postby Stephen Chapman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:57 pm

I am amazed. :D

Wonderland
001 Forum Master

Postby Wonderland » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:42 am

Nice screenies. I am excited to play. Boy, that platformer feature paid off.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:25 pm

Alright another quick update, but no screens this time. I have the Hiding Mole sprite nearly done. All that is left is to do an attack animation. I have decided to dub these moles as "Vengeful Moles" and I have a funny story as to why. Let's just say the main character messes up trying to help a Mole out and the Mole ends up dying. Of course another Mole saw it all happen and swears vengeance against you and all of his friends will know of what happened this day.

I was in the process of making a Handbook interface, but I came across a weird use value bug. The handbook has 3 pages at the moment: one for quests and the other two for general area and enemies knowledge.

If you remember back to All Hallows' Eve, I had a Handbook there too. Its basically the same thing, but scripted better.

EDIT:
I was messing around a made a flying whale helicopter robot. Its sort of a companion. It follows you around and you can change it's color. I've named him Disconnect. Serves no real purpose as of now. Since it wasn't too hard to draw, I can probably do variations since you actually build it yourself in game. Maybe using different amounts of parts, or different materials can yield a different model.

You can access the change color screen by hitting enter or clicking on the Flybot tool name.

I've also named the main dude. He is Robird. I'm thinking that this weird dude I drew has to be a Robot bird. It makes the sense. Also Robird sounds sort of like Robert and I thought that was cool and funny.
robirddisconnect.png
robirddisconnect.png (4.15 KiB) Viewed 1634 times

reaper560
001 Fanatic

Postby reaper560 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:04 pm

:lol: this game looks good :D

evergreen
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby evergreen » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Those graphics are absolutely incredible.
Game Coming Soon. Click Here to read about it.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:35 pm

Lol thanks. I haven't been working on this enough at all, but I do like it and enjoy making it. I need to focus more on maps or enemies instead of gameplay mechanics.

EDIT: I was in the middle of working on the objects for the overworld(trees, bridges) when I realized that having just one recolored tree type is lame. So I tried my hand at a pine. I think its pretty cool, just need a snowing effect now and the scene be awesome.
pinetreessss1.png
pinetreessss1.png (2.61 KiB) Viewed 1603 times

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:53 pm

Looking good :)

If I may add, the bark of pine trees are usually... sometimes... a very light colored brown, almost gray especially in a snowy climate. And they accumulate snow when it's snowing ;)
pine.png
pine.png (54.57 KiB) Viewed 1603 times

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:12 am

Lol, the bark was a lot lighter and I thought that pine trees were darker. I do plan to put snow on it. It's hard with the normal tree if I just recolor the leaves part, I'll have to do flat colors and stuff. But ya, I plan to do that after I get the plain snowy tree done.

EDIT: Alright, I the normal snowy tree and pine snowy trees done(screens later maybe). I also have lot of the overworld objects done, but placing trees on it is going to take a while. Finding that building the overworld and level placement on it may end up sort of ugly lol.

I also decided to take out the Sprinting ability. It caused more problems than it could really add to the game. I'll be adding in a new ability in its place, but I won't reveal it just yet. Got to make sure I can pull it off.

This also brings up a problem. The lavas floaters depended on you sprinting across so that they wouldn't fall. There's two ways I am thinking about changing them. Either make them fall after a short delay, or another cool way. I could make them slowly sink and stuff. Fun stuff.

Update: WOOT! I got both things working and its awesome. Sprinting is gone and replaced by long jumps, think Mario 64. Longs jumps not only look cool, but they also do some of the jobs of sprinting. Before there were large gaps that could only be crossed by sprinting then jumping. Now you can stand at the edge of the gap and long jump to the other side.

Doing this long jump ability has simplified a couple things for me. Before I had another ability that uses the shift key. You would hold it down and hit space to preform its action. I realized this adds extra funky keys that might not translate well on iPhone. I only plan to have Left Right Down Jump and Use Item keys(for signs and people, you would just tap on them, so that gets rid of the action key(I'll have to think of a way to change items with out a bunch of keys filling up the page lol)). Anyways, I set it up so that both Long Jump, Double Jump and the Shift key ability are triggered by holding down.

If you are just holding Down when you hit Jump, you do the shift key ability. If you are holding Down and left or right, you long jump in the held direction. And now I can see this poses a problem for iPhone, you can't really hold down two keys with one thumb, hmm... I'll have to wait till iPhone is available to see if I can remedy this. I do know it'll work fine and is awesome for the PC version.

And for the floaters I made them slowly sink into the lava, but fast enough that you have to keep moving. If you touch the lava, you are hurt, flash orange-ish and flung upward.

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:26 pm

This looks legit! I like the limited color scheme alot, and all the mechanics sound very well thought out. Can't wait to try this one. Is the main character a duck?
Hey, I compose custom music for games (for free). PM me about it.

Tales of Northeta:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22467&p=349875#p349875

Sunbreak City:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21483

Shmallow World (tentative progress)
Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Re: Proteus - A Madman's Treasure

Postby Dunce » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:59 am

He's a bird of some sort. Not really sure. I just realized that the races in my game are pretty much all birds lol.

If you were wondering, yes, there will be ducks in the game. And Duk always makes an appearance.

EDIT: I should mention I sat down for about 2+ hours writing out the story synopsis and plot progression. Its actually a lot less stupid of a story than I thought it would be. Normally I like to make the story a bit whacky and funny, but this one is pretty cool.

Added the synopsis to the first post.

EDIT2:

I've been doing work off and on for a week or so, and seems like I sit there for 2-3 hours each time, but feels like little progress has been made. Progress will definitely be more apparent once I start mapping. I'm hung up on the world map though, it's hard to fill it in(here's a pic of it at half size):

worldmap halfsize.png

Here's a screen showing off a bunch of the new things I've done.
updated stuff.png

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Re: Proteus - A Madman's Treasure

Postby Fireleaf » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:12 pm

Legit legit legit! I really like the world map so far. And the hud looks smashing. The idea of using tools instead of weapons is refreshing too.
Dunce wrote:He's a bird of some sort. Not really sure. I just realized that the races in my game are pretty much all birds lol.

Awesome! :lol:

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:26 pm

My graphics card died last week(new one should be in today or tomorrow) and that has given me some time to think on the game. At the rate I am going at nothing will ever get done. Having trouble getting the overworld together and honestly I think its scale is too large. So after thinking about it more I decided to go in different direction with this game.

Some things will change, but it will use the same graphics. The story I wrote is in the trash! I came up with a better one! Same goes for the overworld. Instead of many islands with different climates and looks, I decided to stick to one large-ish island that has some tiny islands around it. I thought it out and still use all the graphics I've made so far on this new overworld.

With a new story I was able to come up with some cool features that would compliment it well. I'll update the first post with the new info.

With all this I have a definite direction I need to be going in, so I can finally start making steady progress.

Fizi
001 Fanatic

Postby Fizi » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:09 pm

this one kinda look awesome for me! hope to play it soon! ;)

Jegar
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Jegar » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:28 pm

I like the mapscreen.
Any ETA for a demo?

Tomeh999
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby Tomeh999 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:37 pm

*Stands creepily behind Dunce, breathing heavily*

I will watch over you until you finish. And if you never finish...

*Pulls out a knife*
Last edited by Tomeh999 on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:33 pm

Lol. ETA is not soon.

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:30 am

Dunce wrote:Lol. ETA is not soon.

*tear

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:02 am

I really like the art style of this one Dunce. The huds look especially good and the story sounds like it could go places too. Make a demo. I WANT TO PLAY IT! :D
Who should I really listen to?

RPGking
001 Forum Master

Postby RPGking » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:33 am

(Removed link due to games section rules.)

This could serve as inspiration to you Dunce.

I'm liking this project.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:33 am

At the moment I am working on a secret project that should be done in a couple weeks (once Christmas is over I can spend more time on it), then I'll start work on more Graphics for this. Even if the project doesn't get done I'll start work on this again, no worries.

RPGking
001 Forum Master

Postby RPGking » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:42 pm

They seriously removed my link.

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:26 am

It's automatic. You can't link offsite in this section.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:26 am

He sent me a link to an Indie Game by the same name. visitproteus .com

Jegar
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Jegar » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:13 am

Any hints on the new project you may be working on and if it may impact this project?

I am quite curious.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:57 pm

It involves 3D. I guess I can show off a screen of it:
newsand.png

Wonderland
001 Forum Master

Postby Wonderland » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:27 am

*gasps with joy*

tower07
Ultimate 001 Member

Location: I either live in eastern North Carolina, or I am a very, very lost person.

Postby tower07 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:50 pm

This is looking pretty awesome.
I'll make you a deal to help keep you motivated.
We can both see who can come up with the most unique gameplay elements!
You work on Proteus, And I'll work on my Ants' World. Deal?

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:04 pm

Lol, it's not like I'm not working on this game lol.

tower07
Ultimate 001 Member

Location: I either live in eastern North Carolina, or I am a very, very lost person.

Postby tower07 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:55 pm

Dunce wrote:Lol, it's not like I'm not working on this game lol.

Oh :lol:

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:08 pm

I've started work on this again like I said and its fun. About halfway done with the Pirate Ship tiles.

Also here's a potential theme song for Proteus:

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:40 pm

Grrrreat! A pirate ship will be an exciting new addition. I like the theme song too.

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

tower07
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby tower07 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:58 pm

Fireleaf wrote:Grrrreat! A pirate ship will be an exciting new addition. I like the theme song too.

Ditto! :)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Re: Proteus-MMCMIX

Postby Dunce » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:20 am

Video showing off the new start menu I set up just now. It's pretty cool. Wish I up'd the frame rate in Hypercam tho, it's a little choppy in places.

Also a name change. MMCMIX is roman numerals for 2909, the year the game is based in. It's not too futuristic of a game, but you are sort of a robot bird lol. Kind of staged as futuristic looking people in a 1500s pirate like world.

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:40 pm

Nice menu :O Really great idea!

lol @ poopstain
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:06 pm

*thumbs down* for poopstain - takes an awesome UI video and makes it less awesome :(.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:09 pm

New screen of Old Ruins underground and new HUD stuff:

EDIT: Bahh, why are these stupid PNGs losing their quality? Maybe this one looks better:
ruinsnewhud.png

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:52 pm

They both look fine to me. Great actually.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:34 am

Ya there's something wrong with my windows. When I save screen capped images they looks a lot darker or higher contrast than they really are. It looks fine on Photobucket and in another image program I use, so I'm right and its just me.

Here's another screen showing off some new tiles and the Flash Light tool I made today:

I want to do more directional light depending on facing direction, but it seems the lights angles aren't compatible with platformers yet. I also need to make the moss on the stone brick walls more thick.

The Flash light also uses Energy. Energy is pretty much battery power. You are a robot bird and you have your own Energy (called Hunger), and a separate bar for tools that also use energy. There will be two different objects that replenish each. Most likely Energy Packs and food remade and renamed to be like Oil, lol. Something like Oil Cakes.

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:49 pm

Looks good, but oil cakes sounds nasty! :lol: I guess they would be good if you were a robot with bird-like dispositions though. You could also make him eat stuff like nuts and bolts that he finds lying around.

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

tower07
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby tower07 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:10 pm

Fireleaf wrote:You could also make him eat stuff like nuts and bolts that he finds lying around.

Robots eating nuts and bolts are just a myth.
Think about it, that's like humans eating bones and muscles. :P

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:55 am

tower07 wrote:Robots eating nuts and bolts are just a myth.
Think about it, that's like humans eating bones and muscles. :P

I kinda see what you're saying, but I disagree. Steak is muscle and fat of another animal. Humans eat the tissue of other animals alot. What do you think hot dogs are made of?

Robots could consume elements found in other types of machines and even replace broken parts (see Disney/Pixar's "Wallie"). If their nuts and bolts are loosened and lost, they find more nuts and bolts and replace them. If they think ahead and have the room for it, they store extras for later. Also this is a ficticious game, not real life, so I would assume that myths of almost any kind would be welcome. ;)

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:25 am

You have an interesting idea there. HP loss could work like degrading of parts. Nuts and bolts could restore 1 hp, like replacing them if they break. Sheets of metal could restore larger amounts of HP, like his outer shell being cracked or destroyed.

Oil cakes is more suited for the Hunger bar. Moving could use up oil, and he'll become slower since he has less oil for his joints. So I should rename the hunger bar to something like Oil Well or Oil Reserves. Running out of oil would cause him to stop moving. Hmm, I'd have to have it ask if you want to use a Continue to refill the Oil Reserves, since it'd be like running out of food and dying.

I couldn't make the signs of wear graphically(that'd be a lot of work to set up), but this is more realistic to a robot. Thanks!

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:57 am

It will be more satisfying aswell, I think you should do it.

This is gonna be an awesome game.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:45 pm

A screen showing off Energy Pistols.
energypistolsscreen.png

These dual pistols come in a set when you get them. They consume a bit of energy to use which can be replenished with batteries that are shown. Energy is 100 max, small battery restores 20 and the large battery restores 40.

If you tap the use item key you will fire just the front pistol, but if you hold it a little longer the back pistol will fire too. Doesn't look too nice screen cap'd right there, but the animation is fast enough that you don't see too much of the thick blacks.

There is also a larger Energy Gun that I made before these, it consumes twice as much energy but does a little more damage. I don't want the player to rely so heavily on these weapons, so batteries will probably be less common than other items. The pistols have 50 shots(counting both combined) with max energy and the Energy gun has about 34 uses. Might lower them based on how everything else turns out.

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:58 pm

Sweet! I just had another idea branching off of the robot parts thing. Rather than having different items that recover different amounts of hp, you could create different items that could repair different parts of the robot.

For example, let's say there are only 3 parts that can ever get lost or damaged from stressful encounters with enemies or vigorous activity:

ITEM:
1. Bolts (can fall out if enemies hit you) -1 if lost ... +1 when found if one is missing.
2. Copper Pipe (can be damaged) -5 if lost ... +5 when found if one is missing.
3. Metal Plates (can be dented or fall off) -10 if lost ... +10 when found if one is missing.

If you had a total of 70 HP you could section it out so that robo-bird has something like 40 bolts, 6 copper pipes, and 3 metal plates.

Pretty easy to make if you use variables and stuff and measure out exact numbers for enemy damage.
Then you could make a healing iterface like this:
Robots.PNG
Robots.PNG (4.81 KiB) Viewed 1406 times

Just another hairbrained idea anyway.

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:12 pm

Haha! You are going to make me steal all your ideas. Now I need to make an interface like that!

This does give me some ideas. I think I should ditch the Oil Well/Hunger idea completely and replace that bar with a Wear bar or some name like that. HP and Wear would be separate. HP would be like his Core being damaged which would cause him to stop functioning and give you a game over. Wear would be his parts degrading making him more susceptible to damage. HP could be restored over time I suppose, might have at least one item that restores it quicker.

At the moment HP is 1 unit equals 1 hp. I would have to increase it to 1 unit equals 10 hp for this to work better. Which gives me another cool idea. I'll have to see how it works tho.

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:13 am

Dunce wrote:Haha! You are going to make me steal all your ideas.

Go for it. It's impossible to steal all my ideas, because there are new ones filling in behind the old ones. :D

You could also make him slow down if his core is damaged beyond a certain point and have an annoying warning sign interface start flashing "critical" on the screen or something like that. Anytime you put in that kind of thing it makes you want to repair damage as quick as possible.

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

Tomeh999
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby Tomeh999 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:18 am

Maybe you could allow players to make adjustments to tools/weapons. Not really crafting, but you could maybe adjust how bright/far the flashlight's light is/reaches, which can in turn affect the battery usage of it.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:21 pm

Hmm, that's a nice idea. I could have a slider bar in the options interface to set Energy usage. Less energy is less damage and more is more obviously. I don't think I'll include flash light in that since we don't have any events to change the Light's size and I want to keep it super simple.

Fireleaf wrote:You could also make him slow down if his core is damaged beyond a certain point and have an annoying warning sign interface start flashing "critical" on the screen or something like that. Anytime you put in that kind of thing it makes you want to repair damage as quick as possible.

I plan to slow him down if his legs get overly damaged. Here's a screen of what I have for the menu so far:
damagething.png
damagething.png (1.88 KiB) Viewed 1314 times

In the screen below, Robird's head changes color based on how much damage he has. Goes from the normal blue to red. Same for each body part in the damage screen. To the side it will show you what parts are destroyed. If you legs fall below 40% then your speed is affected. If your head falls below 30% your vision will be impaired. I'll have a blurry overlay image for that, will be cool. If body falls below a certain percent you lose more HP from enemies. Too much damage on the arms could disable some items from being used.

This screen shows the cool idea I got. Each unit on the HP bar is 100 hp and slowly restores over time. When one unit runs out it goes to the next one. Falling off the world will empty the current unit you are on. If you are patient you can literally have infinite HP. If you wait a few seconds for your hp to fill up some you are able to fall off and only lose that one unit. So falling takes anywhere from 1-100 hp. Numbers helped me think of good places to set it up so that's its not in a timer.
Newhp.png

Also changed how the Energy and Damage unit bars look. To reach the damage interface you click/touch either Robird's head on the HP bar or the damage bar. Running out of space on the menu! I'm tempted to redesign the menu after seeing a certain someone's cool one.

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Lookin good! I like those other characters. Are they hostile or friendlies?

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:35 pm

The one on the ground is the Digger Mole. Just walks back and forth in caves. You can pounce on his head to kill him.

The other one is Disconnect, a friendly robot that flies around with you after some point in the game.

tower07
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby tower07 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:18 pm

Demo please?

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:23 pm

Nah, no where near ready for a demo yet.

I decided to go ahead and redo the menu. Looks nice so far, and now I have a plenty of space for more menus. I'll post screens or a video when I get it done.

Edit: New race I made today. Calling them the Cinder. Based off of a phoenix and they will live near and around the volcanic areas.
(Ignore the ugliness, still revamping the menu.)
cinder.png

Here's the image I used to make them.

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:52 pm

Sweeeet!
Just had another question pop up in my head: where do the different races generally live? Do they have natural homes (caves, trees, ect.) or do they build structures to live in? (houses, buildings, huts, ect.)

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:50 am

They are more human like in nature. The time period I am going with they will have makeshift homes built from metal and wood. Caves aren't out of the question tho, the first base for the player is in a cave.

It's a time were things were very advanced. The world wide disaster set them back a ways, but they are still intelligent. Though homes may depend on how I write out the backgrounds for races. Cinders prefer very hot places like Volcanic islands, so they might want to live in caves near lava.

I've decided that I will probably only have 3 races total. Whatever Robird is(still need to give them names), Cinders, and Ducks. Of course this might be all that live on this island, *wink* *wink*. Shouldn't say this, but I always write my games to be able to have sequels. There will be variations inside each race though. Like different colors or different features.

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:53 pm

You could make the races based off RGB.
Blue/Green = Main character
Red/Orange = Cinders
Green/Yellow = Ducks

Ducks sound like ... ducks.

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:18 am

You could put something funny about ducks, like real life facts, for pure comedic value of course. Although I don't know how much comedy you have....

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:17 pm

Ducks are going to be like Duk of course. :duck:

Duk always makes an appearance, so if anything he'll be comedy relief at some point.

Blue - Player
Green -Same race as Player
Red - Cinders
Yellow - Ducks

That does work.

EDIT: New weapon! It's a flame thrower that I am calling the Flamer. This won't be easy to find or obtain, because of it's shear power. Enemies keep taking damage from it as long they are with in range of the flames. Fuel also depletes slowly as you keep using it. Since you probably won't obtain it until the last part of the game, Fuel can only be bought at certain stores or areas near where its obtained.
flamethrower.png

Also made the Fuel amount on HUD, and Rock amount, only appear when you have the items equipped.

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:43 am

Would you consider having it burn trees and stuff? Or would that be too much work?

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:27 pm

I thought about making trees able to be chopped down and stuff, but then I thought it'd better to get wood from fallen trees since that adds more graphics and makes things easier for me. While its possible that I could do that, I think that'd be going a little over board lol. You'd clear whole forest areas so easily and that'd be no fun.

That's not to say you'll only be killing stuff with it. I have a few things in mind that it can be used for and at the very least it'll give off light.

EDIT:
Here's another screen. Wonder what is going on here?
cutscenetest.png

coffeennicotine
001 Fanatic

Postby coffeennicotine » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:27 am

Been gone awhile, but Proteus-MMCMIX seems to be coming along nicely. I like the thought you have put into everything And can't wait to play this. 8)

Does it all take place in the desert?

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:12 am

Nah, it takes place an island with many different climates. There will be forest, mountain, desert, volcanic, swamp, snow, and underground areas. I need to come up with a new concept for the world map since I ditched the first idea for it a long time ago. I have a basic idea how I want it all to look and it'll be cool.

coffeennicotine
001 Fanatic

Postby coffeennicotine » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:43 am

I need to come up with a new concept for the world map since I ditched the first idea for it a long time ago. I have a basic idea how I want it all to look and it'll be cool.

Egads, I know that feeling so well.... Trust me. But the momentum you have going with this game has really drawn me in. Just really cool ideas and you seem to be serious about making the game fun to play. I respect that you have the insight to know when something isn't looking/feeling right (world map) and are able to walk away from it for the sake of quality and start fresh. I could have taken a page out of your book a long time ago and been better off for it... Like I said.... Trust me. Oculus is like the Duke Nukem' of 001... :lol:

In a nutshell I can't wait to see where this game goes.

My 001 wishlist:
*Proteus-MMCMIX
*Farmyard Madness
*Arune
*The Other Side to be revived. (That's right Mr. Chapman... You get to listen to me whine about The Other Side again. Dunno what it was about that game that grabbed my attention and held it... Like Atari 2600 meets the millennium I guess. Whatever. I'll try to be good about it. ;) )

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:32 am

IT'S A BIRD! IT'S A PLANE! No it's a train... A SUPER TRAIN!

There's an interesting back story I've thought up for it, but I won't reveal that. It's used at one point in the game to get to a previously inaccessible area.
iliketrains.png

Stephen Chapman
001 Forum Master

Postby Stephen Chapman » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:41 am

This game is everything I've ever wanted, and more. Kudos on keeping up the motive!

tower07
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby tower07 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Your train reminds me of the Den-Liner form Kamen Rider Den-O:
:)

Aleff Correa
001 Fanatic

Postby Aleff Correa » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:32 pm

For which mobile device will you release it for?

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:42 pm

Probably iOS first, than android when its added.

And great train too :D Way better than what I could of done lol
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Aleff Correa
001 Fanatic

Postby Aleff Correa » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:09 pm

But for which kind of device (i.e. Only iPhone touch? no iPad?), I'm asking it because of the screenies' resolution.

Mr.Numbers wrote:And great train too :D Way better than what I could of done lol

^this
Last edited by Aleff Correa on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:22 pm

Sah-weet! Now you just need a helicopter and a submarine somewhere. An underwater city might be a must for this game. Just sayin' ;)

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:15 pm

Thanks guys.

Nah, no helicopters since those were all completely destroyed! A submarine could happen though.

The resolution is at 480x320 currently which is set up for iPhone 3? Not sure. I'll be sure to make it work with different resolution sets. I'm aiming for as many mobile platforms as I can, and possibly Steam for a PC version. But this won't be finished for a while, so I'll worry about that when the time comes.

tower07
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby tower07 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:46 pm

:O
Steam?
Isn't that a bit hard to get your game on?
But then again, if any 001 game could get on to it, it would be this.

Tomeh999
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby Tomeh999 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:06 pm

I doubt Valve would make it too difficult to get on the Steam Indie Market

Anyway, everytime I see the title Proteus-MMCMIX I think: Proteus-Maximus and I don't understand why...

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:29 am

Lol. MMCMIX could be be pronounced Macmix which sounds a little little like Maximus without the I.

Chowow
001 Admirer

Postby Chowow » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:37 am

For some reason it reminds me of chex mix and I like chex mix. ;)
Thanks for reading this post. :)
"There are only two ways to live; as if nothing is a miracle, or as if everything is a miracle."

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:56 am

After many many many grueling hours of working I got my Quick Swap interface working. It heavily relies on Mouse/Touch, and it kind of weird to work with with the keyboard. Works though.

So here's what it looks like on the menu(can also see my new menu set up. The letter icons are placeholders for now):
newmenuquickswap.png

So the first box above the Arrow button is the item preview. Whatever item name you have selected will show the corresponding item there. To the right of that is the six quick swap slots. The Arrow button brings up the slot selection part:
swapslotselect.png

Selecting one will place the previously selected item into the slot.

And here's the quick swap interface that you access from the HUD:
quickswap.png

Clicking one equips it and closes the interface. Opening this interface pauses the game as well, so you don't die a lot.

Tomeh999
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby Tomeh999 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:03 pm

Cool. I wish I had an iPod/Android so that I could get it in on release.

tower07
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby tower07 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:24 pm

^

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:22 pm

Looks like I'll have to play the waiting game. I have no android/ipad. :(

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

Stephen Chapman
001 Forum Master

Postby Stephen Chapman » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:13 pm

I'm sure he'll release it on PC too. ;)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:41 pm

There will be a PC demo, but I'm not sure if non-subscribers will be able to use the mouse features or not. If not then the menus will be a little annoying to traverse since you'll have to go all the way up or all the way down just to get to the top tabs in Tools or the Handbook. Setting Quick Swap slots and selecting them will be a little hard since there's no effects showing that those fields are selected.

Maybe I'll simplify it for the demo, and make to it to where you hit it enter to set the item and 123456 to save it to a slot. Then when you open the Quick Swap just press 123456 to select one.

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:19 am

The bottom might be a good idea, but non subbies can use mouse, pretty sure, unless Mike actually says no, which I don't think he will, far as I know he just wants us to ask before releasing games with subby features. Traveler is 3D so I don't see why not.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:44 am

Ah kk, then a PC demo should work just fine.

Anyways, I've started drawing out the new world map. I made a concept of how I've been picturing it in my head, though its not really as detailed. Basically just want to use that as starting point for positioning of things. I'd show it off but it'll change so much from what it looks like, so no need to really.

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:30 pm

How about now?

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:22 pm

I finally named the race the player is. Calling them Pands. So Pands, Cinders and Ducks are the main intelligent races. There will be other types of lesser beings, but mainly just automations. They will be mainly hostile.

I also began writing the final version of the story and the dialogue of Chapter 0 (the intro) is complete. I have some notes written out about key people, areas and objects. Makes things a lot easier to plan it out.

I also have some cool passive abilities planned too. All of the abilities right now are actions you can perform, but these news ones will be always working ones. One is called Self Repair. Normally you would need to go to the damage screen and hit repair yourself, but with this it will repair once you have received about 20-30% damage. That way it isn't total hacks.

Another is called Solar Power. This will allow you to slowly recover energy over time. These won't be acquired for some time into the game though. Mainly there to make the game a little easier towards the end, since it'll definitely get harder.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:55 am

Sounds like fun. Is the solar power skill limited or inhibited by clouds or dark places?

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:56 am

Ya, when you go to an indoor map like a ruin or a large cave on some maps I'll probably have it not work. Since I have a day/night cycle in already I can make not work at certain hours.

Chowow
001 Admirer

Postby Chowow » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:26 pm

Woah! Wait a minute. How did you make a day and night cycle? That must take forever.
"There are only two ways to live; as if nothing is a miracle, or as if everything is a miracle."

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:34 pm

It's all based off a clock I made. You can view what hour it is on one of the menus header bars, I'll move it to the options menu when I get around to it.

It's a simple one though. Adds to the hour number at a set amount of time. Having that variable, I can make the Sun color on the "main" map change every 6 hours. It's Military style so it goes up to 23 and then back to 0 when it sees that it is 24. Hardest part was getting the Parallax of the Sun/Moon to move at the correct time. This probably won't translate well to switching maps, so I'll probably take the parallax out.

Chowow
001 Admirer

Postby Chowow » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:34 am

That's cool. So it only affects the map you are in at the moment? What happens when you go into a different map though?

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:06 am

That's the beauty of using "main". It's in a timer so its constantly setting the color change(which probably isn't a good thing, but I don't notice any lag from it). When I go to a new map it quickly switches the colors to correct one.

tower07
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby tower07 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:49 am

Ahhhhh, I never really thought about what the "main" map was.
Thanks for the info!

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:17 pm

Yeah, "Change Sun Color" using delays WON'T lag if your maps are fairly small. Any maps that are larger will experience quite a noticable lag.

coffeennicotine
001 Fanatic

Postby coffeennicotine » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:34 am

Actually you can use Fog to some degree on large maps too. But obviously not to the same effect.

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:58 am

I tried making a universal sun system once, but my problem was that I wanted it to be smooth and transition from color to color over long periods of time which didn't work too well. Having it change quickly from color to color could work I guess. Just might look jumpy if the colors are really different.

Is it really going to take more than 6 hours to play this game?

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:01 am

Lol, the ingame time moves a lot faster. I do aim to make it a long game, tho.

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:20 am

Phew. I thought I'd have to pack a few sack lunches or something.
Got ay pics of the races and stuff? I guess we've seen ducks and the phoenix guys ... what about the others? Are they all the same sprite with recolors?

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:38 pm

The Player's sprite and the Pands are the only recolors. Same race, but the player is blue and they others are green. Cinders are similar looking but their features are different. I don't think I've shown ducks yet, I'll show a screen with them all.

(Don't mind the Energy bar)
races.png

Ducks seem a bit out of place, so I'll probably work on them some more.

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:51 am

Nice! I think you might be right about the ducks. They may be too bright to be NPCs compared to the other characters.

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:57 pm

I can probably desaturate his colors more. Might not have done that yet.

Also, Proxy and the Vagabond.

EDIT: Was messing around today and made some chests. I made some gears a while ago as well. You can check them out in this screen:
chestsandgears.png

The gears spin while floating there. I haven't settled on a use for them yet. Could be used as keys since they correlate with the chests.

tower07
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby tower07 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:16 pm

That's a good idea!
Now if we can get the Government to make levitating colored gears in place of keys... :lol:

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:33 am

Nice. I like the gears. What kinds of things can we expect to find in chests? Gold?
The more I look at the color palette for this game, the more I like it. Just sayin'.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:09 pm

Chests could contain materials for crafting things, or other collection items needed for quests. I don't want to have money involved in this game since its more about survival and learning the story of the island. Chests will mainly appear in older ruins(perhaps a different looking chest), and more recent ruins from the disaster that hit the world(which I am calling the World Crash).

RPGking
001 Forum Master

Postby RPGking » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:44 am

Nice, the sun looks out of place, maybe if it was a bit brighter or more saturated it would look right.

coffeennicotine
001 Fanatic

Postby coffeennicotine » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:47 am

I agree with RPG.

I have to admit tho, there is something I like about the muted color of the sun the more I look at the pic.... Hmmmm... :?

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:13 pm

Ya I decided to get rid of that parallax since it doesn't work too well when switching maps.

I haven't been working on this lately, mainly due to another project I am working on for a small forum contest. Once that is over with I'll be back 100% on this.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:58 am

Dunce wrote:... Once that is over with I'll be back 100% on this.

Sweet!

Return to Games In Progress