actor/spawn spawn points

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
onykage

actor/spawn spawn points

Postby onykage » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:05 am

Hi!

so if im asking a redundant question, im sorry. I called myself searching for this but no luck. So here is what i did and what im trying to figure out.

I started with the default MMO template and began to play around. Now I expanded the original 'spawn' map size by 5 or 6 cols and rows. Then I started trying to build a lava event to cause damage over time or insta kill the actor. So to start I just killed him on the event. And when the actor respawns, its at 0, 0, 0. I have called myself looking but i cant seem to find anything that has a 'repawn' location or an item or setting to create one. I saw the respawn actor in the event system, but Im not sure how to use it.

If you could point me in the direction of some good getting started tuts for the mmo dlc, that would be awesome. Ive learned alittle on how the tile-set system works as i started making my own tiles. Just trying to learn the scripting system from a graphical perspective now. I really like the concept of it tho.

thanks in advance.

Mage42

Re: actor/spawn spawn points

Postby Mage42 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:06 am

Can you not use the "Position Actor Event" to position the actor?

onykage

Postby onykage » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:28 pm

Mage42 wrote:Can you not use the "Position Actor Event" to position the actor?

ok, that worked.

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:16 pm

To answer your respawn question, the proper way is to use the "Set Respawn" event. The server has to run this event (Not the client), then whenever the player respawns (From death or other means) it will respawn at the selected point.
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Return to Technical Support Questions