IndieRPGs <3

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
User avatar
Eclectic gaming
001 Admirer
 
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:33 pm
Location: ENGLAND

IndieRPGs <3

Postby Eclectic gaming » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:48 pm

Okay Okay O KAY, this review was done a while ago but I'm still so happy about it :) Basically IndieRPGs.com did a review on my game :o which was surprising, and by the looks of it, it looks like they liked it :D I just thought I would brag a little bit as I was very happy when I saw the review, (is it a review? I would call it more of an article actually) when I saw the article, but I didn't think to tell anyone at the time. Anyway there you go. There's a picture of the review in the attachments. I know. I am awesome. Bring the grapes.
Attachments
Indie rpgs.jpg
I know. Awesome.
Google Eclectic Gaming....I dare you. Or Sharpened Steel, you can google that too. Hehehehe.

eclectic-gaming.weebly.com/


Image

User avatar
Scaveleon
001 Translator
 
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:15 pm
Location: Scandinavia

Re: IndieRPGs <3

Postby Scaveleon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:09 pm

It's not a positive review of your game, it's an announcement of its existence. As it says in the very first line: "writes in" --> You contacted the writers of the blog beforehand.
MIV wrote:It's definitely not The Epic Game of Loladin as the screenshot said.
Nor is it The Epic Game of Loladin Happy Face.

SoundCloud
Project blog

User avatar
Eclectic gaming
001 Admirer
 
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:33 pm
Location: ENGLAND

Re: IndieRPGs <3

Postby Eclectic gaming » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:22 pm

I never said "positive review", in fact, I even changed my defintion halfway through to "article". But please, if you want to annoy, belittle, or try to downplay my happiness, then you can sincerely piss off.
Last edited by Eclectic gaming on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Google Eclectic Gaming....I dare you. Or Sharpened Steel, you can google that too. Hehehehe.

eclectic-gaming.weebly.com/


Image

User avatar
Fizi
001 Fanatic
 
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:30 am
Location: Malaysia

Re: IndieRPGs <3

Postby Fizi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:47 pm

I see Danny-old-self clone over here. No need to be so rough mate. And the article did do a little review though.

Cheers :)
Image

User avatar
Eclectic gaming
001 Admirer
 
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:33 pm
Location: ENGLAND

Re: IndieRPGs <3

Postby Eclectic gaming » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:02 pm

I'm sorry for the outburst, but it doesn't take a genius to see that I WAS happy then, until someone decides to come along and burst my bubble. Why do that? :(
Google Eclectic Gaming....I dare you. Or Sharpened Steel, you can google that too. Hehehehe.

eclectic-gaming.weebly.com/


Image

User avatar
2cool4me4
001 Subscriber
 
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: IndieRPGs <3

Postby 2cool4me4 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:52 pm

He was stating his mind. You posted on a forum, expect feedback. But no worries. ;)
Once you have mastered the :usevalue:, you are a truly awesome 001er.

User avatar
Scaveleon
001 Translator
 
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:15 pm
Location: Scandinavia

Re: IndieRPGs <3

Postby Scaveleon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:23 pm

Then, shall I explain myself?

Eclectic gaming wrote:I never said "positive review", in fact, I even changed my defintion halfway through to "article". But please, if you want to annoy, belittle, or try to downplay my happiness, then you can sincerely piss off.


No, I'm not trying to annoy you. Please hear me out. I would have been banned long ago if I really was like that.

After taking my precious time reading and analyzing the article and your post, I had concluded that you had beforehand written to the authors of the blog and then come here to brag about it. This gave me the impression you were trying to give yourself status here, rather than actually being happy about it - thus, the negative tone of my post.

You say you were genuinely happy about it. If that is so, then I do sincerely apologize. However, I still don't think it is right to brag about it, as you have not yet finished your game.

I took my time to read the article and take a look at the game, and thought it through. As a relatively old member of these forums, I even thought about talking about how to improve your 001 game, but this isn't the topic for it. Did you also read the comment on the blog? It's criticism meant to help you make and improve your game. We're giving you attention and consideration because we want you to make an awesome game; Can you see what I mean?

And yes, I also did things like you did when I first began using forums, I'm sure you'll get used to forum culture. So, let's make up.
MIV wrote:It's definitely not The Epic Game of Loladin as the screenshot said.
Nor is it The Epic Game of Loladin Happy Face.

SoundCloud
Project blog

User avatar
sinjin48
Ultimate 001 Member
 
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:40 pm
Location: Glenwood Newfoundland.

Re: IndieRPGs <3

Postby sinjin48 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:27 pm

There was nothing negative in his post. He merely replied to your comments.
“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

User avatar
Eclectic gaming
001 Admirer
 
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:33 pm
Location: ENGLAND

Re: IndieRPGs <3

Postby Eclectic gaming » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:15 am

Scaveleon wrote:Then, shall I explain myself?

Eclectic gaming wrote:I never said "positive review", in fact, I even changed my defintion halfway through to "article". But please, if you want to annoy, belittle, or try to downplay my happiness, then you can sincerely piss off.


No, I'm not trying to annoy you. Please hear me out. I would have been banned long ago if I really was like that.

After taking my precious time reading and analyzing the article and your post, I had concluded that you had beforehand written to the authors of the blog and then come here to brag about it. This gave me the impression you were trying to give yourself status here, rather than actually being happy about it - thus, the negative tone of my post.

You say you were genuinely happy about it. If that is so, then I do sincerely apologize. However, I still don't think it is right to brag about it, as you have not yet finished your game.

I took my time to read the article and take a look at the game, and thought it through. As a relatively old member of these forums, I even thought about talking about how to improve your 001 game, but this isn't the topic for it. Did you also read the comment on the blog? It's criticism meant to help you make and improve your game. We're giving you attention and consideration because we want you to make an awesome game; Can you see what I mean?

And yes, I also did things like you did when I first began using forums, I'm sure you'll get used to forum culture. So, let's make up.


Fair enough, I'm sorry if it looked like I was bragging, and maybe I did get a little bit cocky, but I was cheerful so I didn't really take note of what I was writing at the time. I did read the comment on the blog, and I realise that my storyline is slightly cliche, but that part of the storyline only takes up a small amount. Anyway that's unrelated so I'll move on. And I won't deny I had written to them beforehand, but then again I'd written to about 50 gaming newsletters and reviewers and magazines etc etc, so I was happy that one of them had actually taken notice and tried it out, which is good publicity for the game. And on the last note, I welcome constructive criticism, as long as you're polite, I mean, "I didn't like it because...." is so much better than "I didn't like it" So I apologise for being slightly unfair earlier, but now I've explained my actions. So :)
Google Eclectic Gaming....I dare you. Or Sharpened Steel, you can google that too. Hehehehe.

eclectic-gaming.weebly.com/


Image

User avatar
Fizi
001 Fanatic
 
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:30 am
Location: Malaysia

Re: IndieRPGs <3

Postby Fizi » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:16 am

once again, cheers everyone ;)
Image


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users