Change Actor Template - Some Actor Templates Not Available?

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Wonderland
001 Forum Master

Change Actor Template - Some Actor Templates Not Available?

Postby Wonderland » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:07 am

I'm trying to use a "change actor template" event to create a random selection of enemies (of various types) for my levels. I'd place one type wherever I wanted an enemy, and then in the actor template for that I would add a "Loaded" trigger and randomly change their actor template to another enemy type/template. Except none of the other enemy templates are showing up as an option. Is this a glitch or me? I don't know. Thanks!

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Re: Change Actor Template - Some Actor Templates Not Availab

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:26 am

All created/existing Actor Templates should show up within the event. If they don't, it may help if you restart GG Maker. Otherwise, you should still be able to manually type in template names using :usevalue:. Just remember to add quotation marks (" ") around the terms if you do so.
Travesty: 3D Survival - WIP >>> Forum Topic
University of Washington (BABA)
-REGT- Ramchuk Entertainment Games Team
Strategy/Action/Adventure
Copyrighted©2008-2017

Wonderland
001 Forum Master

Re: Change Actor Template - Some Actor Templates Not Availab

Postby Wonderland » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:31 am

Restarting doesn't work. I will try manually entering them, and I guess if it doesn't work you will hear back from me again. Thanks!

Return to Technical Support Questions