Gamer Stages/Nicknames

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
serrafina
001 Forum Master

Gamer Stages/Nicknames

Postby serrafina » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:07 pm

You may have heard some nicknames over a sound chat on xbox live or a conversation with a friend. Sometimes, you kind of gamer you are or how people perceive you. So, what do you consider yourself?

I'm a casual gamer, but I do know a decent amount of games and references to hold myself as a video gamer fanatic. I may not own several video games, but I do own a vast collection. I'm definitely a newb for MMORGs, etc. I experienced some online, but I can't bench too many hours on raids, etc. while maintaining grades.

Adam
001 Forum Master

Re: Gamer Stages/Nicknames

Postby Adam » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:14 am

I don't like the term "hardcore" because it just sounds very silly, instead I'll call myself an all-rounder. I dedicate all of my free time to video games and I don't limit myself to 1 genre.
Somewhere out there, is a planet with no war, no hunger, no poverty, no killing, and no evil.
It also has no oxygen

Jegar
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Jegar » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Well, I have been called a noob,

But yet I have nearly memorized most of the plots of my favorite games including backround info, from Half Life - Fallout, I own several hundered games across several consoles, I have played even precursurs to the ps2 era, N64, Sega Genisis, Supernes, Gameboy, Advance and color, I own an Xbox 360 and had an xbox 1, I even aquired a WII, but yet no PS3

So I guess I may come close to qualifications for hard core.

Not Me
001 Subscriber

Postby Not Me » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:19 am

I've played just about all of Nintendo's handhelds from the Gameboy Pocket onward. I only skipped Gameboy Color and DSi. I also have an SNES, had a PS1 (which has been replaced by a PS2), have an Xbox, and have a Wii.
I've played Kingdom Hearts (1, 2, Re:Coded, 358/2 Days, and DDD), Megaman Zero Collection, just about all of the good Spyro games, and Rayman 3 to name a few. I'm not sure what I'd call myself. :razz:

A friend of mine collects older games and game systems. He's got a model one sega genesis, two or three model two genesises, an nes, an n64, two ataris (2400? 2600? I forget), an xbox, a ps2, a gameboy color, a gameboy sp, I think a game gear, a psp, and a whole stinking lot of games for them. As in, the genesis games alone comprise a good portion of his room.
I think he counts as a hardcore collector. :razz:
The above image is totally not a link to my website.

JamX
001 Subscriber

Postby JamX » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:43 am

I play games to try to find the inspired ones. I guess that classifies me a research gamer. :lol:
I would like to understand how people find so much inspiration and motivation.
(I also play games to avoid homework - making me a procrastination gamer)

(And when I play minecraft, I'm just addicted. Enough said.)

Return to General Discussion