Actor Not Respawning

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Wonderland
001 Forum Master

Actor Not Respawning

Postby Wonderland » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:54 am

I am trying to respawn an actor but he doesn't seem to want to respawn using the timer. I have it set up like below. Is there something I am missing? I have tested spawns using timers with a test project today and it worked fine with that. Thanks.

Untitled.png

AnvilHouse
001 Support

Re: Actor Not Respawning

Postby AnvilHouse » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:47 am

have you tried with a smaller actor? im wondering if the spawned actor is large enough to be blocked by your islands
Image Image Image

https://www.patreon.com/Anvilhouse ...yes...I am on Patreon!

-The store is under construction-
All items are guaranteed to work with 001 ;)

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:21 pm

It could be because you're spawning the actor inside water perhaps? I'm unsure.. If you could rig up a simple test (Test map, only the one actor and one spawner on the map) where the actor does not properly respawn, and send a bug report with reproduction steps Mike can take a look!
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Wonderland
001 Forum Master

Postby Wonderland » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:01 am

Bug report sent. Thanks!
Last edited by Wonderland on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

Return to Technical Support Questions