Hello... I am deeply impressed.

New to the forums? Going on vacation? Leaving forever? Tell us!
Ryder

Hello... I am deeply impressed.

Postby Ryder » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:48 pm

As i ventured out on Google to find something fun to do I landed upon an idea: game developing. Since i was 8 years old, i know the entire C++ programming, C#, HTML, PHP, javascript coding but seeing as i was so young, i barely understand the logic on how to create proper schematics behind the scripts i attempted to create. I have made tonnes of minecraft servers, made tonnes of money. I created Runescape servers through little java knowledge and made a bit of bucks here and there. I created a functional ecommerce site and made $1000's everyday (seriously). I am not sure if i can list the site here as it will be possibly be advertising. Anyways, the point is, if you guys know what Unity 3D is, well, I used that. It was frustrating but I managed and let me tell you, it was amazing. I got a project up and running and was doing fine until i realized that i could not make an ENTIRE game especially by Unity 3D by myself. Hell, i knew how to model so well and program that I ended up getting a job at some Indie game project. They thought I was 24 years old but i was in fact, 15 years old. Anyways, I wish to create a 3D game and as i landed in Engine 001. I was so happy, despite it being 2D, i loved the features. WOW! Having so much money in my paypal, i payed for the subscription, i didn't care if i was going to use this a lot. The man who made this engine deserves all the money he can get! This should be a payed software at least for $100+ to be honest.

Yes, it is not AS advanced as Unity 3D or any of the many programs i have went through, but let me tell you, it is enough to create even a large MMORPG game if you truly seep in to the true potential of this engine. Listen, i am very experienced in learning engines quickly and realizing their potential and you can EASILY, having a team, create a large game. I wish I could join the staff and help develop the engine but I am very young and won't seem to fit the maturity in the project. I am currently 16 years old and am impressed by this engine and will be using it for a project I wish to set as a game. I am not sure how far Engine 001 has went in the multiplayer aspect or their 3D aspect as I can't wait, so I love to help in any way.

WOW! I simply love this engine right off the bat. I currently own a site that is ranking high in the search engines. It is a large review site that i have made with a friend (blog). I will definitely add your engine in to this once i have started looking at it more deeply for a month and making a rich review for Engine 001. Holy Engine 001, the thing for this engine is that you can make a game even as one person as you have many things already set for you. Scripting, coding is done for you. Obviously, you can still add your coding to the game to make the game more tangible to your feel.

I am going to have fun with this engine.

Oh btw, sent you $10 Mike =]

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Re: Hello... I am deeply impressed.

Postby serrafina » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:41 am

Sup'

Welcome to the forums! ;) That's one interesting post and story that I've ever read from a new user. I only hope that you might stay awhile and create your project in the near future. :D There are plenty of friendly forum members who are willing to help if you have any questions about the engine, etc.

Best Wishes on you and your game!

Ryder

Postby Ryder » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:50 am

Sup Serrafina, thanks for your wishes. I hear your the loyal goddess of these forums =/

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:30 pm

Sorry, but you lost me there. :D Loyal goddess?

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:18 pm

Had to double take there. At a glance, I read "Hello... I am deeply depressed.". :P

Anyhow, welcome to the forums! :)

ITB
001 Subscriber

Postby ITB » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:44 am

Zhuge wrote:Had to double take there. At a glance, I read "Hello... I am deeply depressed.". :P

Hahaha! So did I!

Welcome to the forums! We're a pretty friendly bunch, so don't be afraid to ask questions! :D

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:36 pm

Welcome to the forums! Yes, we are a very friendly community and as In_The_Bushes stated, PLEASE do not hesitate to post your questions in the respective forums :D

And also considering you have tried different engines before and have knowledge on these sort of things, if you find any way to make the engine more "User Friendly" or improvements on the engine it self (NO feature requests.. more like how things are named, or placed within the engine which could confuse new members) feel free to post here :D http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16185
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Yeah, we should get into a habit of recommending that..

Anyways, welcome, there's cake in the subby section. :)

Not Me
001 Subscriber

Postby Not Me » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:39 am

Yes, welcome and... wait, cake? Caaaaakeeeee!

*ahem* Yes, as I was saying, welcome! :D
The above image is totally not a link to my website.

2cool4me4
001 Subscriber

Postby 2cool4me4 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:03 pm

I brought the cake! :D
*gives cake to everyone*
Once you have mastered the :usevalue:, you are a truly awesome 001er.

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:36 pm

Thanks mate! :D

Return to Hello, Away, Goodbye