Grand Theft Auto 2

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
RPGking
001 Forum Master

Grand Theft Auto 2

Postby RPGking » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:15 am

It's one of the best Grand Theft Auto games around or the best game around for that matter. I have it on the PC, have for a bit, I play it at least once a day. Its that good.

The game takes place in a near future world (Rockstar and the dates mentioned in the games manual suggest it takes place in 2013) where everything is going to hell, carjackings, murder, turf wars.
The city is divided inot different parts, each with different vheciles or looks. My favorite area is The First One.
Theres tons of weapons such as dual pistols, shotguns, rocket launchers, mounted car guns, oil slicks. The cars take on a futuristic look and so do the levels, some cars take on a late 50's look too, like the Cop cars.
All and all, one of the best games ever made.

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Re: Grand Theft Auto 2

Postby Zhuge » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:22 am

It was so-so in my opinion. I think the cars go way too fast, and the controls on foot are sort weird. The fact that there is no map in game is a total turn off; as well as the ability to just respray your car in front of the police and they act like a totally different car came out of it. I mean, seriously it's pretty much saying you can just change that red car to blue and put on some new tags and you've gotten away with murder! :D
What I do like though is the fact that each mission is unique. But why would a bunch of gang members talk to some random guy by pay-phone? Overall, I'd stick to my Crime Fighters DOS before GTA-2, but it's still a pretty good game.

RPGking
001 Forum Master

Postby RPGking » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:27 am

Whats Crime Fighter DOS? Anyways, I also loved the soundtrack, there wasn't a bad song there, and the ad's were hilarious. So were the radio hosts. Remeber the hyperactive japanese girl. :lol:

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:29 am

It's a pretty fun DOS game, Similar to GTA.
Yeah, the grand theft auto soundtracks are always great.

RPGking
001 Forum Master

Postby RPGking » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:01 am

The one thing that caught my eye were the variety of peds in the game what they did, some would try to mug you, soem would steal your car, soem would laugh at you, and soem would beat you up.

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:20 pm

I'm in a grave digging mood tonight. GTA2 has the best radio stations of the entire franchise, followed very closely by Vice City. GTA2 wins for originality though.

Return to General Discussion