Space Adventure *Update*

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
XenoToxic

Space Adventure *Update*

Postby XenoToxic » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:30 am

Heyo! I'm currently working on Space Adventures!

This is an Open World Space Exploration game. I've mostly been working on just on my off time. But since I'm making steady progress I figured I might as well post some stuff here as to not let it go to waste.

Mine you this is not a graphically impressive game at all (I'm a garbage artist). But I'm having a lot of fun making it. :P

Game Features.

- 100% everything made by me.
- Original soundtrack made by me.
- Customizable Space Crafts
- Space Labs (Basically a home in space.)
- Space Companions (Ships to fight alongside you)
- Upgrades n stuff!
- Boss fights
- Mobs of Enemy Crafts
Here's a Screenshot.

Space Adventure.png
WIP
Space Adventure.png (5.93 KiB) Viewed 1722 times

It's still obviously in early makings, and most of the planned features aren't in yet.
But I'm getting inspired lately so I'm confident I can get most of the features I want in it.

To break it down it's basically about collecting Ore from planets and using the Ore to upgrade your ship.
In my head I'm thinking big and wanting to make a whole different experience for when you land on a planet,
you would be able to actually explore a planet and hunt the creatures on that planet. Or set up a Lab on a planet.
But these are far fetched ideas that I won't think much about until I finish implementing the above list.

So yeah, I'm working on this crap for a bit. I'll update whenever I get a chance to.

*Update 17/08/13

I recently added the Space Labs into the game, so you can buy one for 1000 Ore, and then to use one you have to take over a planet. In order to take over a planet you have to Contest the Leader, which is basically a boss fight, after you kill him then you can activate the space lab on the Glargons (enemies) planet. Which turns into a Space lab. This is all in the game already so I'm already working on the next feature. I got a great combat system working as well, the spaceship now shoots towards the mouse, which gives a really nice feel to the gameplay.

screenshot.png

Also if someone could tell me how to fix that error, I have no idea where it's coming from :l

So I'm still messing around with the main ship, so that's still not done. But I have some ideas in mind right now that I'm going to work on.

screenshot2.png
screenshot2.png (7.54 KiB) Viewed 1685 times

I'm planning on adding tons of planets that you can make space labs on, and eventually hire mercenaries to gaurd your space lab from Glargon invasions.

Will add updates when I get more done.
Last edited by XenoToxic on Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Jegar
Ultimate 001 Member

Re: Space Adventure

Postby Jegar » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:50 am

It looks promising. Props to you for using custom assets as well.

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Re: Space Adventure

Postby Mike » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:57 am

Agreed :D.

Wonderland
001 Forum Master

Re: Space Adventure *Update*

Postby Wonderland » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:37 pm

Nice!

I am making a sandbox space game too but mine is more about trading and ground missions and tactical combat so I guess I shouldn't be worried.

XenoToxic

Postby XenoToxic » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:41 pm

Wonderland wrote:Nice!

I am making a sandbox space game too but mine is more about trading and ground missions and tactical combat so I guess I shouldn't be worried.

Sounds more interesting than my game. I'm really going for a more arcade feel, where you basically take over planets and fight off glorgons the whole time...I'm going to add some quests I guess to add player motive.

Wonderland
001 Forum Master

Postby Wonderland » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:30 am

Not necessarily. Mine is like Elite + top-down Halo.

XenoToxic

Postby XenoToxic » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:46 pm

***New Update 20/08/13***

-Added Flak Cannon to the game
-Added Iron Golem planets
-[planned] Adding special missions where you fight hordes of enemies
-[working on..] Space labs (still, it's tougher getting these to work than you think)

Here are some new screenies

nu screen 23.png
nu screen 23.png (6.07 KiB) Viewed 1625 times

nu screen 2.png
nu screen 2.png (6.06 KiB) Viewed 1625 times

ne screen.png
ne screen.png (6.51 KiB) Viewed 1625 times

The graphic for the Iron golem isn't really what I want, so I'm still messing around with that. I like the main ship graphic now, it's simple and easily customizable. I had a spur of the moment idea after adding the Flak Cannon, special missions where you fight tons and tons of enemies. (basically a bullet hell mission). It would have great rewards and special weapons n crap. I still need to add a greater motive, I don't feel like there's a reason to play really. but I'm bad with stories so I'm going to rely on gameplay and polish to make the game fun at least.

So that's all I have so far, more coming soooooon.

gerardred
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby gerardred » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:32 pm

Wow, That's Look Nice ! Keep It On ! :D

Jegar
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Jegar » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:44 pm

I enjoy the retro style immensely.

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:47 pm

Jegar wrote:I enjoy the retro style immensely.

Ditto.
Hey, I compose custom music for games (for free). PM me about it.

Tales of Northeta:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22467&p=349875#p349875

Sunbreak City:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21483

Shmallow World (tentative progress)
Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

XenoToxic

Postby XenoToxic » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:11 pm

gerardred wrote:Wow, That's Look Nice ! Keep It On ! :D
Fireleaf wrote:
Jegar wrote:I enjoy the retro style immensely.

Ditto.

Thanks a lot :) I was mostly going for a retro arcade feel (since I suck at art.)

But **Update 24/08/2013**

- Changed the objective of the game, now instead of the objective being to collect Ore and upgrade your ship, I decided to go with something less boring and make an arcade style space shootemup, and in the main space level, you do the usual, collect ores, upgrade your ship ect. But you collect stuff and upgrade your ship to play in the actual arcade mode. Where you fight through 10 levels. All with unique enemies ect. Along the way of developing these levels I will probably add bonus levels and stuff like that. I'm planning on adding temporary upgrades that enemies drop after being killed.

Some screenshots of different enemies in the first level.
scrreren.png
scrreren.png (11.27 KiB) Viewed 713 times

safasf.png
safasf.png (10.42 KiB) Viewed 713 times

and a screenshot of the boss which I'm working on the gameplay for.
boss level.png

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:02 am

Maybe you could change the Damage Numbers font to something a bit more retro to match the graphics for the rest of the game. ;)
Lookin' good otherwise.
Who should I really listen to?

Namingway
001 Admirer

Postby Namingway » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:51 pm

Have a medal dude, you deserve it.

Return to Games In Progress