Conspiracy theories, Paranormal activity, etc.

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
Adam
001 Forum Master

Conspiracy theories, Paranormal activity, etc.

Postby Adam » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:09 am

I just found a very interesting article, I thought some of you may be interested in it. :)

http://listverse.com/2007/08/21/top-10-conspiracy-theories/

I'm not exactly sure what to think. What's your opinion on these, and conspiracy theories in general?
Which one's the most believable? :)

Edit: I'm going change the title so we can all discuss a wider range of subjects.
Last edited by Adam on Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Somewhere out there, is a planet with no war, no hunger, no poverty, no killing, and no evil.
It also has no oxygen

iOrc
001 Admirer

Re: Conspiracy Theories

Postby iOrc » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:46 am

I do love an a good old conspiracy theory but I will have to disagree with the global warming one.

As part of my degree, I did a lot of work on Population, resources and Environment along with Global Environmental Management. The term 'Global Warming' was actually scrapped a few years ago as valid and we now call it 'Climate Change' after the most recent years showed a decline in global average temperatures. Climate change is happening, the real debate is that is it more of a human caused impact or is it natural processes that are causing it.

The natural ones are rarely spoke of; like the earth is not on a fixed axis, it fluctuates cauing a change of up to 0.5 Degrees Celsius every 100 years as just one example :P

<<< Geography nerd

You should look up 'The Hum' that is a very strange theory :D
iOrc Production

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:30 am

It's not much of a theory, just an unexplained phenomenon. Very good read though.

As for global warming being a fraud, that's not true at all. Climate has been changing since the dawn of time. And I also believe it has nothing to do with humans whatsoever.
There's no scientific evidence that CO2 causes global warming :)
Last edited by Adam on Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Somewhere out there, is a planet with no war, no hunger, no poverty, no killing, and no evil.
It also has no oxygen

iOrc
001 Admirer

Postby iOrc » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:52 am

Thats right, there are so many more processes caused naturally which are many times more powerful that what humans can cause.

However, acid rain is definitely caused by us :P

Also the most unfriendly gasses emitted into the atmosphere does not come from cars, industry, planes but in agriculture. Rice production and livestock are at the top of the list

Edit:

Yeah climate change has been happening since forever. Apparently in the medieval age in Britain, you could grow grapes in York. I don't know if many of you are familiar with the climate here in Britain, but its far from warm :P
iOrc Production

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:10 am

Cold and rainy, eh? :lol:
It also has no oxygen

iOrc
001 Admirer

Postby iOrc » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:12 am

It has rained every day for the last 2 weeks now :/ haha

there has to be a conspiracy behind this :D
iOrc Production

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:37 am

Haha, reminds me about an actual theory. Some Russians claim that a weather control weapon was used against them last summer. I see where are they coming from, I mean, 56,000 people died from massive forest fires in 3 months. :o
It also has no oxygen

iOrc
001 Admirer

Postby iOrc » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:46 am

That is quite an accusation! Wouldn't it be more likely to have been forest fire starters? :S

I'm supprised the Bermuda Triangle isn't on that website list - because that is freaky
iOrc Production

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:52 am

iOrc wrote:That is quite an accusation! Wouldn't it be more likely to have been forest fire starters? :S

I'm supprised the Bermuda Triangle isn't on that website list - because that is freaky

Sure is.
It also has no oxygen

2cool4me4
001 Subscriber

Re: Conspiracy theories, Paranormal activity, etc.

Postby 2cool4me4 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:55 pm

Global warming caused by humans, I believe, is a hoax. How do we go from Ice age to warm time back to ice age? Has ANYONE decided to look into that? :shock:
Last edited by 2cool4me4 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.
Once you have mastered the :usevalue:, you are a truly awesome 001er.

DolphinLover30
001 Supporter

Postby DolphinLover30 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:36 pm

Want a scary conspiracy theory to think about? Well we all know about the 9-11 incident. Now that Bin Laden is dead what will his second in command do? He hates the world worse.
Also what IS happening right now? Well look back to the 9-11 disaster and what happened?
a group of men came to the US and went to flight school, learned to fly, hijacked the planes and caused the disaster.
Right now? Well family members of those men who live here in the US legally have children between the ages of 15 and 25 going to school and college, why? Well they say we have no threat of nuclear war from them because they do not posees the skill to manufacture a bomb. Send a child to college (Nuclear physics for example) He or she graduates and what do you have? Rent the movie "Sum of All Fears" and realize what IS going on. Something like that WILL happen in several countries around the world "interfering" with al qaeda (also spelled Al Qa`ida) and their so called "Will of Allah"
I am 40 years old, I was in the Marines back in 1993 and I tell you from personal observation this WILL happen if the world just sits by and waits. :?
September 13, 1999 was a hell of a day to quit smoking and drinking!

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:04 am

Al Qa`ida is still a threat, that's true. If you kill the leader of the pack, doesn't mean that the rest of the wolves just disappear.

But this post is about something else, The New World Order & The Illuminati.

I'm pretty sure you guys now what I'm talking about. ( if not - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Order_(conspiracy_theory)
If this is true, we are all doomed.

It also has no oxygen

iOrc
001 Admirer

Postby iOrc » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:32 am

2cool4me4 wrote:Global warming caused by humans, I believe, is a hoax. How do we go from Ice age to warm time back to ice age? Has ANYONE decided to look into that? :shock:

It cannot be explained fully but the key factor is that average temperatures of the earth don't have to fall by that much for an ice age to occur. An ice age ususally doesnt cover the whole earth, usually stops at the tip of africa and in the south hemisphere is could stop in argentina. So theses changes in temperature are not as drastic as they would first seem

BTW 50 years ago the global temperature was measured by averaging all the weather stations temperatures in the world. However back then there were no weather stations in africa, only a few in australia and south america. Now there are thousands covering the whole world, so average temperatures are obviously going to increase by just having a better system to record it! :P
iOrc Production

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:49 am

Adam wrote:Haha, reminds me about an actual theory. Some Russians claim that a weather control weapon was used against them last summer. I see where are they coming from, I mean, 56,000 people died from massive forest fires in 3 months. :o

HAARP. Not so much a theory as it is true. Weather manipulation is very real.

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:53 am

SBG wrote:
Adam wrote:Haha, reminds me about an actual theory. Some Russians claim that a weather control weapon was used against them last summer. I see where are they coming from, I mean, 56,000 people died from massive forest fires in 3 months. :o

Facts?
It also has no oxygen

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:51 pm

This man is a form, taken by the Christian God in dreams to give them messages... Some of which aren't so clear. :P
But seriously, over 2000 people have had dreams of that guy? Read it, it's really strange.

iOrc
001 Admirer

Postby iOrc » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:10 pm

That is well...freaky! I hope that face doesn't come up in my dreams!!
iOrc Production

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:27 pm

Adam wrote:
SBG wrote:

Facts?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_control
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program

Too lazy to go beyond wiki and look up things you can find yourself with a little google know-how, but if you're looking for an official statement of a government using weather manipulation as a means of warfare, you will be waiting for a long long time I think. There have been hundreds or thousands of credible government whistleblowers, but the government would never admit anything like that.

Also Thisman was proven to be a hoax. It was a viral marketing scheme.
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=thisman+hoax&aq=1&aqi=g-s1g3g-sx1&aql=&oq=thisman+&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=905e9081899b75b1&biw=1024&bih=591

2cool4me4
001 Subscriber

Postby 2cool4me4 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:44 pm

iOrc wrote:That is well...freaky! I hope that face doesn't come up in my dreams!!

If I do, I will run around in circles scared for about... ummmm... 5 hours.
Once you have mastered the :usevalue:, you are a truly awesome 001er.

iOrc
001 Admirer

Postby iOrc » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:11 pm

If I do, I will run around in circles scared for about... ummmm... 5 hours.

And that's how crop circles are made :P
iOrc Production

RPGking
001 Forum Master

Postby RPGking » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:32 pm

There's a common theory about 9/11. 3 days before, electricians came into the building and were running wire through walls. They were supervised by armed guards. The 2nd day, they shut off the power in the buildings. A man who ran a server from the 45th floor came out to ask what was going on, and explained he ran a server, and that if nobody could access it, there could be a few problems. They told him mind your own business and go away. That day, the power was shut off so that workers could work in the elevator shafts. Once-more, running wire. The third day there were no signs of the workers.

Now the FBI and all those organizations even publically said they knew of quote,"A terrorist threat." but did not know where and did not take it seriously. They let it happen because at the time gas prices were skyrocketing, and with not enough resources, as the resource gets scarce the value goes up, thus the gas prices. We needed and excuse to go in, and claim their resources. Only 30% of all oil, etc. is drilled here. That's not a lot.

People say how could our government do this. They've done it before, with countless people. Read some leaked documents eh. The CIA is just another fancy title for hit-men. In Nam, the CIA probably killed a few thousand people to keep them shut. A few were soldiers, etc. But the majority were witnesses and people who knew what a select few of our boys in Nam have done, rapes, murders, slaughterings of entire villages. People outside knew, and to shut them up and keep the war on the outside clean and dandy, they were killed.

A few thousand killed to keep our country stable for a couple more years, why not.

Krazy Kaptain

Postby Krazy Kaptain » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:30 pm

I respect everybodies opinion, but I myself do not belive in "Green Alien Things" or "Abductions". Some of the conspiracy theories sout well thought out to me though.

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:38 am

Krazy Kaptain wrote:I respect everybodies opinion, but I myself do not belive in "Green Alien Things" or "Abductions".

Me neither, but there must be some kind of life form out there. Even if they're just micro organisms.
It also has no oxygen

Krazy Kaptain

Postby Krazy Kaptain » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:56 am

Adam wrote:
Krazy Kaptain wrote:I respect everybodies opinion, but I myself do not belive in "Green Alien Things" or "Abductions".

Me neither, but there must be some kind of life form out there. Even if they're just micro organisms.

You do have a valid point. I too believe some form of microbe exists somewhere.

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:43 pm

It's selfish to think that there is no other form of intelligent life out there. Have you any idea how vast our universe is? How many galaxies that are way older than ours that are reported to have planets with the perfect conditions for life? There's no way we are the smartest beings in the universe.

Also the ancient aliens theory makes too much sense to me.

CalvinTLLH
001 Supporter

Postby CalvinTLLH » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:49 am

Interesting, But just remember these are theory's, global warming is a sped up process on triggering an ice age (And more yes, applies to pollution) But. (Proven by history of last 5 Major ice caps that the number the temperature drops by increases each time it increases, Eventually stops and then triggers the effect and then repeating the process, So this is nothing new to our specie.) And I have a lot to say about allot of the conspiracy's but anyways they are not relavent and some are not critically on the exact money, They where not thought through properly without the corrections and side affects.

And the paranormal Activites I love hearing about these things, I beleave in ghosts or that there's some sort of spiritual thing. Thanks for sharing that link.

Nils Kiherman
001 Admirer

Postby Nils Kiherman » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:53 pm

wow amazing stuff is any of that real?
*feel like a cheff*

Aleff Correa
001 Fanatic

Postby Aleff Correa » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:21 pm

I only know that the media manipulates us every single day, just don't believe in everything you see on the news in the tv. It does make sense, a group of rich men controlling the rest of the population, because, you know, they are rich, and do you know about an economic system called capitalism?

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:43 pm

The only people who are more brainwashed than people who watch too much news and media are... conspiracy theorists. A lot of the conspiracies are true or very credible but most conspiracy theorists take things WAY TOO FAR, and you can't do anything to change their point of view. Plus a lot of them have serious mental issues, paranoia, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder etc.

The world isn't all that bad. Not everybody is out to get you. And there are some genuinely good people in high positions trying to do the right thing.

Wonderland
001 Forum Master

Postby Wonderland » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:53 pm

I heard about a conspiracy theory where it says that the US built a machine that can take bad weather and using lasers, move it somewhere else. (Like canada!) :lol:

What do ya think?

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:11 pm

Obama is a Kenyan, secret Muslim, planning to destroy the country with his evil communist ideology. :o
But seriously, how can people think that the president of the United States was not born in this country? :P

BW92

Postby BW92 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:41 pm

Maybe you should. Humanity has had indirect contact with an alien race for the past 64 years, possibly longer. The conspiracy about the UFO's captured in Roswell 1947 is very much real.

The alien you see being dissected in this video (first video) also appears years later in a crop field portrait (second video). Feel free to watch the entire length of these videos. For those who don't want to watch hours of content skip to the relevant time indexes.

First video: start at time index 0:31 - 1:48

Second video; start at time index 0:58:58 - 1:05:50

These lifeforms are a lot more advanced than we are. They are silicon-based as opposed to carbon-based (us), their cranium capacity is much larger than ours but they are only approximately 4ft tall (so they are shorter than an average human being). They inhabit 3 of the planets in their solar system and their population is approximately 21.3 billion - facts taken from second video.

Though many have and will argue that this could all be a big hoax I prefer to believe that we're not the only intelligent life in the universe and it is very likely that these aliens are indirectly communicating with us. They are not about to make first contact with us because we are still a very primitive species though they could be studying us as I am sure we would be doing if the roles were reversed.

Return to General Discussion