My game in progress, currently untitled

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
fma_lvr
001 Subscriber

My game in progress, currently untitled

Postby fma_lvr » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:01 pm

I think it's about time I put something here, even though I don't have a name for it yet.

It's an action rpg, with a custom damage formula, several complex and unique game mechanics, and a massive, open world. I won't upload anything until it's done or nearly so, however.

-Currently over 5 hours of gameplay at least, more if you do and find everything.
-Some custom music I created specifically for the game, mixed in with the music provided with the engine.
-Already over 150 different maps, connected together delicately, across many different environments, giving the feeling of an actual world.
-Will soon feature an ocean of at least 40 maps, and there are plans for air travel as well.
-Original linear storyline, progressing through many areas and unlocking new ones as you complete the main quest.
-Evolving world, with environments changing as you progress, creating new developments in earlier areas and a motivation to return to previous places, regardless of story relevance.
-Several sidequests already in place.
-Skill-and-timing-based combat, with many weapons that may have a variety of special effects. At any point, there may be debate for the use of several different weapons and armors depending on the situation.
-Complex boss fights
-Full control of a changing and growing party of characters and their varied skills. Stats vary heavily between them as well.
-Surprises!
-Many different enemies and enemy types, with wild variations in stats and abilities.
-Many secrets
-Puzzle elements, situations which may require significant thought and attention to detail from the player, as well as in-depth exploration.

Here, some screenshots of gameplay:

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Any comments or questions you have, you can leave here. I may answer them, depending on the question.

AnvilHouse
001 Support

Re: My game in progress, currently untitled

Postby AnvilHouse » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:19 am

You should really make a few tiles to break up the ground textures.
Image Image Image

https://www.patreon.com/Anvilhouse ...yes...I am on Patreon!

-The store is under construction-
All items are guaranteed to work with 001 ;)

fma_lvr
001 Subscriber

Postby fma_lvr » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:24 pm

AnvilHouse wrote:You should really make a few tiles to break up the ground textures.

No idea what you mean by 'tiles'...Aren't all of the background bits called tiles? So what do you mean?

arkanis
001 Enthusiast

Postby arkanis » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:03 pm

He means that the ground texture is too repetitive, and so you should make a few similar, but different ground tiles and change them up to appear less repetative.

creativeminds
001 Enthusiast

Postby creativeminds » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:57 pm

Yes please work on your ground tiles. I don't mean to be so negative but it is an eyeache.
000000000000000000000000000000000000100000111111000001100001011000000000001110 001110 010110 100011 011010 000000001111010110 0111011000

fma_lvr
001 Subscriber

Postby fma_lvr » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:39 pm

I use what is available, I have no clue how I would make more, nor do I have any idea how that could possibly fit. Even if I were to figure out how to make a tile with the system that isn't just a pile of terrible pixels, what would I make? What would I put there? I can't think of a single area that could benefit from some sort of specific tile change, they all seem pretty fitting. I could put in a slightly different shade but sometimes it really seems as if it needs to be very consistent, especially with the grass and the ocean.

I've made a couple of sprites already but never for tiles because the tiles that are available seem to have a degree of detail that I cannot achieve with the tools in 001...or at least, I don't know how.

Return to Games In Progress