A World at War

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
Ardor
Distinguished 001 Member

A World at War

Postby Ardor » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:44 pm

The Game
This game is going to be a free roam game (no fixed storyline) and will have a "real time strategy" meets "Risk" feel. Here are the different things that will hopefully appear in this version.

This version will include:
-7 Factions
-70 Planets
-4 Careers
-Tons of Ships
-Hundreds of weapons
-And So much more

In dark legacy you can start in 1 of any of the 7 factions listed below. You start with a ship and a few starks (the currency in the game) and try to make your way in the galaxy. You could become a fighter and enlist in the military, or maybe you will be a smuggler and rip starks off others for a living. Experience epic detailed battles with extraordinary gameplay with special attacks and combo's. Go on trade runs, sign diplomatic treaties, and sabotage enemy ships. Your adventure begins now!

Factions:
-U.E.E. (United Earth Empire)
-Allied Rebel Illuminate
-Bantikar
-Raelikon
-Gerekeil
-Zaetar Reincarnate
-Templar Conspirates

Careers:
-Merchant
-Ambassador
-Smuggler
-Soldier

SBG
001 Subscriber

Re: A World at War

Postby SBG » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:36 pm

Sounds pretty epic. Any progress so far?

patatoface
001 Forum Master

Postby patatoface » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:29 am

yeah same here

Ardor
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby Ardor » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:44 pm

Well, kind of. I have decided to really start from scratch and be more original than before, but I have alot of the concepts down on paper, now it is just a matter of translating paper to programming. For the demo, there will only be three of the seven factions. U.E.E, Allied Rebel Illuminate (I am planning on changing that name, it isn't very original), and Bantikar. There will be 4 different ship classes:
-Fighter
-Bomber
-Stealth
-Balanced
Hopefully that is enough of an update to keep you guys interested. Hopefully I will have something more interesting next update.

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:24 pm

What about merchant or cargo ships?

Ardor
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby Ardor » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:33 am

SBG wrote:What about merchant or cargo ships?

Well, so far I have only focused on the combat of all of this. As far as cargo ships are concerned, they will be their own class, but not for combat. I am finishing up the starmap for the demo on paper. Hopefully I will have that done soon!

Last bumped by Ardor on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:33 am.

Return to Games In Progress