Importing Music Crash

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
thebluejester
001 Enthusiast

Importing Music Crash

Postby thebluejester » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:53 am

Hello,

I've been having a consistent issue so I thought I should make a post about it.

Whenever I try to import sound/music files into GG Maker it crashes. This occurs via the Import Resources button or the Sounds and Music menu. I have tried about 20 different sound files: .ogg, .wav and .mp3. At first I thought I had somehow corrupted the project I was working on, and I submitted it/bug reported. However I've now found that it is ALL projects, including newly created ones.

I get 2 "Program not responding" errors from Windows, one for the window i'm importing the music with and one for the main GG/001 window.

I have the Steam version of GG Maker that I updated this morning and I am running Windows 10 64-bit. I've had Steam verify the installation in case there was an error or missing file during the update.

If there is any additional information I can provide to help the team out let me know. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall GG Maker now. If I have any success I'll write back. It doesn't seem like anyone else if having the issue, or at least posted about it yet so perhaps it's just me / my set up.

Thanks for hearing me out, I hope this is actually useful to the team.
GG Maker Owner. Occasional 001 Subscriber.
Lvl 1 Mage. Chaotic Neutral.
Postgrad Science/IT student. Feed me I'm poor.

Lee
001 Support

Re: Importing Music Crash

Postby Lee » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:40 am

This has been fixed and a new version has just been sent out to Steam users and Subscribers. Please make sure you download the new version (Steam should update automatically) :).
Lee - 001 Community Manager

Return to Technical Support Questions