virus warning

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Dempski77

virus warning

Postby Dempski77 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:20 pm

Hi i bought 001 a few months ago from steam and it was all working but today i logged on steam and it updated 001 and now when i try to run it my antivirus is blocking it but it was working fine last month is there anyway to fix this?

Lee
001 Support

Re: virus warning

Postby Lee » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:35 am

Most likely a false positive. Which anti-virus software are you using? And could you let us know which file in particular it's blocking?

We can then contact the relevant developers and have it added to their safe list :)
Lee - 001 Community Manager

Dempski77

Postby Dempski77 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:52 am

I dont understand what you mean by file i am using norton i never used to have problems using it until latest update. i disabled my antivirus and now its fine but i dont want my antivirus disabled all the time because of viruses

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:11 am

Usually when an anti-virus program reports a virus, it's referring to a specific file/EXE. If you go into Norton it should tell you which file it flagged as being a "virus".
Lee - 001 Community Manager

Dempski77

Postby Dempski77 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:36 pm

I do not know where to look i have disabled my antivirus it will be okay while i work thank you for your help

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:42 pm

It'd be nice though if we could figure out what's causing this and solve it rather than disabling antivirus as a workaround. I'm sure it's a bit of a pain to have to disable your antivirus just to run a program. Plus, you don't want to leave your system exposed like that.

Return to Technical Support Questions