HTML5: Spawning Events

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
thebluejester
001 Enthusiast

HTML5: Spawning Events

Postby thebluejester » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:29 am

Hello Again,

So I have a bug in HTML5 where the spawning events (Lights and Actors) that access maps other than the one currently being used causes the game to permanently freeze/hang. I tried a small test project and had the same result. The console window under the game canvas doesn't show and error message and I've given it a fair while to load (30mins) so it is hanging, I think.

If replicating the issue is a problem I can make another test project and submit it. I deleted the other test without thinking. My main project is huge in comparison to my upload rate and the connection times out before I can upload bug reports.

Thanks!
(Nice to see everyone again)

Lee
001 Support

Re: HTML5: Spawning Events

Postby Lee » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:29 am

If you wouldn't mind re-creating that test project and sending a bug report through the software (Help > Submit Bug), it'd be most helpful! :)
Lee - 001 Community Manager

thebluejester
001 Enthusiast

Postby thebluejester » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:28 am

I made a project and submitted it.
It appears since the update that allows saving in HTML5 there is now an error message and a crash instead of just freezing/hanging. Hopefully that makes it easy to fix. Although I appreciate that HTML5 isn't exactly a priority.

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:28 pm

Thanks for the bug report. I've confirmed the issue and approved your bug report. Should be fixed in the next version! :)
Lee - 001 Community Manager

Return to Technical Support Questions