Do you have a Dog?

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
mistergeorge
001 Admirer

Do you have a Dog?

Postby mistergeorge » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:08 pm

Hello guys i was wondering how many people got a dog in this community. I have a chihuahua and it is cute ,well-trained,smart,angry and basically small! :lol:

What about you?

SBG
001 Subscriber

Re: Do you have a Dog?

Postby SBG » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:24 pm

I have a cat. I personally don't like dogs to be honest. I find them to be loud and annoying, and luggy. You can't really cuddle with a dog like you can with a cat.

But anyway I guess I shouldn't even be posting here.

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Re: Do you have a Dog?

Postby Deedasmi » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:59 pm

SBG, I just went out and cuddles with my Labs :P

I love my dogs. From a post on reddit the other day. The thread was about how dog vs dog, close eye contact is a sign of aggression. However, dogs are often smart enough to realize that we don't communicate the way they do, and can adapt and understand that it's a sign of affection to us.

"My labs are incredibly calm with stuff like this. We got them from the humane society, and we think they were abused as puppies, as they have always been extremely skittish around men and loud noises. However, over the years, it's to the point we can do pretty much anything that dog to dog would be seen as aggressive. Close eye contact, rubbing around the throat, even pretty much pinning them down while playing. There is nothing like being able to place absolute trust into your pets, knowing that they have the same for you.
In contrast, my neighbor had a medium-large dog that was highly food aggressive, and very defensive. If you looked at him wrong he would growl at you. One day he got into my candy, and being the youngin I was, I went to take it away from him so he didn't eat my candy and get sick. The dog bit into my nose. The neighbor lady called me stupid saying that you never get near a dog that's eating. I always think about that as I'm taking things away from my dogs, and it still amazes me to how ignorant she was to how poorly that dog was trained."

Return to General Discussion