Invalid Mouse Scrape

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Invalid Mouse Scrape

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:17 pm

I received the following error when testing one of my older projects in the trial version of GG Maker: Invalid mouse scrape [map] with color: 9B8012

I am using the stable lighting system and the project was indeed an import project, but I don't understand what the issue is. If I disable the stable lighting system, (aside from the fact that nothing renders, everything is black, it never worked) I don't get any errors whatsoever. The issue occurs within the 'Mouse Enters' actor trigger and it seems to be only whenever the actor is flashing, or so, since all works fine until the actor is flashing and I want to pan the mouse over. Additionally, the error contains multiple colors, random and some repeating (9B8012, C18012, 298007, etc.). This may not be a bug, just something that I need to fix since the older version of Engine001 was slightly different, but I'm not sure where to look. I haven't tried changing the entire script to disable the flash yet. What is the error suggesting though? Where can I further look to find the problem?
Travesty: 3D Survival - WIP >>> Forum Topic
University of Washington (BABA)
-REGT- Ramchuk Entertainment Games Team
Strategy/Action/Adventure
Copyrighted©2008-2017

Lee
001 Support

Re: Invalid Mouse Scrape

Postby Lee » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:30 pm

Can you send a bug report for this?
Lee - 001 Community Manager

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Re: Invalid Mouse Scrape

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:13 pm

I can actually confirm, it's because of the flash. It seems to be that whenever an actor is flashing, the flash color becomes the actual color of the actor... Is this by design?
Travesty: 3D Survival - WIP >>> Forum Topic
University of Washington (BABA)
-REGT- Ramchuk Entertainment Games Team
Strategy/Action/Adventure
Copyrighted©2008-2017

Return to Technical Support Questions