Am I doing something wrong? (Magic)

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Ace-master15

Am I doing something wrong? (Magic)

Postby Ace-master15 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:19 pm

Okay, so I have read all of the tutorials and all the posts on the forum that have anything to do with magic. I am trying to create a magical fireball, but when the fireball is launched, it goes right through the target and doesn't harm them at all. The target can be harmed and I tried it on a number of different actors and the same thing happens, or nothing happens. Here are the pictures below. I also set the Impact target event to subtract 5 health from the "relate" actor. That did nothing as well.

73486b52778c2f248d8057b08a6e50f4.png

4733599aae15a857b125dba2c4e9b6b3.png

JimmySterylian
001 Fanatic

Re: Am I doing something wrong? (Magic)

Postby JimmySterylian » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:46 am

That's because you have the Projectile Reaction set to continue. If you want it to go through enemies and damage them as well, set the Damage Interval(located at Projectile/Melee) and set it to something low like 0,2

Ace-master15

Re: Am I doing something wrong? (Magic)

Postby Ace-master15 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:33 am

Great, thanks. Is there a way to make something like a lightening bolt spell which strikes the nearest enemy? Or make something that seeks the enemy on its own?

Return to Technical Support Questions