isometric issue.

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Shaner9er

isometric issue.

Postby Shaner9er » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:33 am

so here is a problem ive ran into and i know people have in the past is the 2d isometric game so of course i can get sprites to work because of the billboard option are there any plans to add such a thing for tiles? or is there some way to fix this that i just dont know about? other than sprites ill be honest i hate the thought of making sprites to do this every time to make my items i've made to look correct thanks for any help on this subject.
Attachments
isomet.png
isomet.png (13.68 KiB) Viewed 529 times

AnvilHouse
001 Support

Re: isometric issue.

Postby AnvilHouse » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:35 pm

since the view angle isnt changing in the isometric camera view, billboard is the way to go for premade isometric assets (one checkbox isnt that bad :lol: )

also just a tip, assets using True Isometric perspective compared to Dimetric Projection better fit desired angle in the 3d isometric camera scheme ;)
Image Image Image

https://www.patreon.com/Anvilhouse ...yes...I am on Patreon!

-The store is under construction-
All items are guaranteed to work with 001 ;)

Shaner9er

Re: isometric issue.

Postby Shaner9er » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:03 pm

well yeah for sprites no biggie i would have like to have seen a billboard button for tiles aswell as it sits i would have to make all objects into sprites this was mainly a question of will they be adding a 2d isometric option in the future?

also just to add when you make them into "sprites" in the editor you then have to put them in the game as an actor which will break anything mmo wise especially if they dont do anything

Return to Technical Support Questions