Leaving for good.

New to the forums? Going on vacation? Leaving forever? Tell us!
adib2008
001 Admirer

Leaving for good.

Postby adib2008 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:19 pm

Actually, All I want to create is RPG games not a violent gta style games like my GANGSTER. I also want my game to look very nice and world class standard, not like typical look of engine001. So, what I want to say is I'm leaving engine001 and head for a better engine, RPG maker Xp. I'm reaching my dream with this engine right now. Neto, sorry because I can't follow your step. Goodbye....... :|
Adib2010

Ovoon
001 Forum Master

Re: Leaving for good.

Postby Ovoon » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:08 pm

adib2008 wrote:Actually, All I want to create is RPG games not a violent gta style games like my GANGSTER. I also want my game to look very nice and world class standard, not like typical look of engine001. So, what I want to say is I'm leaving engine001 and head for a better engine, RPG maker Xp. I'm reaching my dream with this engine right now. Neto, sorry because I can't follow your step. Goodbye....... :|

Well, I must say that RPG Maker XP is most certainly NOT a better Engine, but in fact a worse and pay to use engine. Every game you make will look generic, while the custom graphics DO look better. The engine is NO way as powerful. I would know ;)
If you simply MUST leave 001 (and I can understand why if you have bigger plans) find something better than RPG Maker XP.
DOOF

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:15 pm

What made me start 001 was the lacking abilities with RM2k and XP. Respect his decision, and I do not want this to start in a 001 versus another maker debate. If he doesn't appreciate a work-in-progress, that's his choice. 001 isn't for everyone. I'm just disappointed in the PM he sent me, which is needlessly harsh and unfair.

Ovoon
001 Forum Master

Postby Ovoon » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:19 pm

Mike wrote: I'm just disappointed in the PM he sent me, which is needlessly harsh and unfair.

? What did he say...er...its none of my business
DOOF

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:21 pm

It's not worth mentioning, again, no reason to flame war and nitpick comments.

evergreen
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby evergreen » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:11 am

i would just like to say

A) have fun on rpg mmaker xp

B) but personaly even if it was for free, of if they payed me a small amount to use it, i would still use 001. its a shame you couldnt wait till the next update to make up your mind

dont let people like this get your spirits down mike ;)
Game Coming Soon. Click Here to read about it.

Sketch
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby Sketch » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:10 pm

if he wants his games to look world class and generic, he just has to do alittle more work in making his games with 001. but its not my call. just hope you find what your lookin' for.

Ultimate 001 Member

Postby 24 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:04 pm

See ya man. Hope you find what your looking for. ;)

miroki123
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby miroki123 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:51 pm

Not that I'm adding anything new, but it doesn't matter if you're using the worst or the best game creation engine available, if you don't put some good effort in your work, you'll never come up with something good. "World Class Standard" games aren't made by newbies or in a short period of time, you know. Now about rpg maker xp, I've never used it, but I don't believe it is better than 001. Also, you can't compare them, since 001 is free, XP isn't, 001 is under development, while XP is completed. Of course, there are advantages in using completed programs, like the fact that they're bugless, but there are advantages in using under-development programs as well, like being able to debate future features, sharing your ideas and such.
If you haven't tried out yet, check out my full game Voyage for Vengeance.
If you did but you're stuck, don't worry, there's a walkthrough available!

For those about to rock, we salute you.

Crusader2
001 Admirer

Postby Crusader2 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:05 pm

You wouldn't be able to make a World Class game with Xp. In fact, if you are going to put in the time and effort, you can make better games easily. It's just a matter of patience.
Mike wrote: I'm just disappointed in the PM he sent me, which is needlessly harsh and unfair.

Wow, now that makes me mad. Hey, if he wants to be like that, let him. Mike, if this guy isn't fining what he's looking for here, then he won't find it anywhere else. Ive used XP and its no where near as good. It's worth about 1/2 of what 001 could be sold for when it's in like the final beta or finished, or possibly after this update. I'm not trying to dish on it, but 001 is way better in my opinion. That's just me, take it how you will.
001 is the best! QUE MUSIC!
[music] I'm the best! Around![/music]
You have been... NOOB SLAPPED!

Neto
001 Beta Tester

Postby Neto » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:11 pm

Hey Adib, you should visit us often, Engine 001 is not a a complete engine, maybe probably the things that you seek are not now in the engine, but nearly in future those may be here, and even better than any other engine, trust me. We are undergoing brutal changes ;)

and thanks for the consideration

sharlowidalot

Postby sharlowidalot » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:19 am

I think Game Maker is better More Than Just d&d it has a language(GML)and 3d games and stuff and its more flexible BUT im still confident in 001 :D

Return to Hello, Away, Goodbye