Target Resolution for Mobile

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Not Me
001 Subscriber

Target Resolution for Mobile

Postby Not Me » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:06 pm

If I were to, hypothetically, start working on a mobile game, what resolutions should I design for? I assume that I should base my graphics off of the largest resolution I plan to support so they will scale more nicely, but should I make separate builds for phones and tablets? What aspect ratio would be best for each?

I have an android phone with a 480x320 screen, but I know that it's a pretty cheapo phone. What is the standard for this type of thing?
The above image is totally not a link to my website.

Danny
001 Forum Master

Re: Target Resolution for Mobile

Postby Danny » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:06 pm

If i was making games that only used interfaces and no maps i would set the resoultion to the highest resolution possible for mobile/tablet devices. If i was making maps i would make seperate builds.

Return to Technical Support Questions