Version 16

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Zwitfire
001 Subscriber

Version 16

Postby Zwitfire » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:00 pm

I've just downloaded the latest verion (16) and I'm unable to toggle the game to fullscreen. It happens to all projects so it seems easy to reproduce. Allow toggling to fullscreen is enabled.
Everything is possible. As long as you believe in your goals, everything can be accomplished.
Jake's Destiny - The Boy Who Became A Hero
http://engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22617

Gamerdude
001 Support

Re: Version 16

Postby Gamerdude » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:44 pm

If you're using Alt+Enter to toggle full screen, I believe this was disabled because it wasn't working properly or something.

Zwitfire
001 Subscriber

Postby Zwitfire » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:47 pm

It worked fine for me. But if there is any other way to toggle to full-screen; I'm all ears :) as long as I can play on fullscreen
Everything is possible. As long as you believe in your goals, everything can be accomplished.

Gamerdude
001 Support

Postby Gamerdude » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:55 pm

Possibly not while testing. I'm not entirely sure.

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:53 am

The Alt+Enter functionality never worked properly (when returning from full screen to windowed it would shrink the initial window, when this was later resolved it was discovered that the game itself was off-centre, leaving bars along the bottom-right side of the game) so it was decided to disable the functionality. As far as I'm aware, there is no other way to test your game in full screen.
Lee - 001 Community Manager

Zwitfire
001 Subscriber

Postby Zwitfire » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:54 am

So I'm seriously never able to test my project again in full screen? o.o Can't there be an option to enable the full screen yourself? And ain't it better to enable it and advice those who have bugs to not toggle full-screen? In that case some people cannot use it, now nobody can. Testing my project can take up to 2-3 hours due to its size. And building it first restricts the fast-forward option, which blows ;/.
If nothing can be done, so be it but it sure is a bummer...

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:46 pm

I could add it as a testing option, making it even better than before, for you anyway :P.

Zwitfire
001 Subscriber

Postby Zwitfire » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:44 pm

That would be great beyond words!

Return to Technical Support Questions