Bounty Hunters Screens now up

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
ves75
001 Fanatic

Bounty Hunters Screens now up

Postby ves75 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:50 pm

Finally Im off to a good start on my 001 Game.. hopefuly I'll have an workable game demo even a few screenies I am however a couple of sessions of a tester on with no game action but the basic setup and graphics... in other words all my customs are mainly complete
Bounty hunters was a project that I thought of long before the bounty hunter games existed like Star wars Bounty Hunter.. in other words it is my own original concept, it is just as the name applies.. but with a dark plot involved
It has an advanced Character creation system and many custom systems , including Menu, Graphics, and sounds.
Screens coming soon.
Last edited by ves75 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pure Randomness!
New Website:VeSaban Entertainment Games
new and fresh... all about creating indie games from video games to pen and paper games.....
all coded in php by one person... now is ready for users to come along and try the boring old site..:D
well decide fer yourself... suggestions wanted

Ovoon
001 Forum Master

Re: Bounty Humters

Postby Ovoon » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:11 pm

ive always wanted to be a bounty humter
DOOF

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:18 pm

:roll:

Sounds meh... Hopefully the screenshots are good. :)

Scaveleon
001 Translator

Postby Scaveleon » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Zhuge wrote:Sounds meh...

Sounds like sheep?

Anyways, could you explain this dark plot? Who's the bounty humter, who are we playing and following around?
MIV wrote:It's definitely not The Epic Game of Loladin as the screenshot said.
Nor is it The Epic Game of Loladin Happy Face.

SoundCloud
Project blog

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:04 pm

Beh is sheep. Meh is nothing special.

ves75
001 Fanatic

Postby ves75 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:58 pm

Scaveleon wrote:
Anyways, could you explain this dark plot? Who's the bounty humter, who are we playing and following around?

Bounty Hunters not humter.. haha.. my own typo... any way you play as a Bounty Hunter who is not the basic 'good guy' type.. to clarify...
The character turns a basic target into a personal vendetta with little regard of who gets in the way....
in order to keep the plot moving this one target keeps on getting away... he is after all a big corp exec with a shady past and you, the bounty hunter will have to get through his underlings... yeah I know basic story line.. you will also have the chance to take on side bounties.
all bounties come in one of three types, Story-bounties that progress the story, Ongoing-bounties that are members of groups that are remnants of gangs of story bounties, Side-Small time Bounties found in various locations some will include their own ongoing targets.
I hope this clears things up...
Pure Randomness!
new and fresh... all about creating indie games from video games to pen and paper games.....
all coded in php by one person... now is ready for users to come along and try the boring old site..:D

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:54 am

Well, that's not very dark. Maybe you want to include rival factions and mobs being caught in the crossfire as you take out the main guy? Complicates things a lot, and that's when it gets exciting.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Apocalypse I Act I: //////////////////// - 25% Done, Demo v0.3
AVAILABLE: http://www.engine001.com/games/Apocalypse+I+-+Act+I_601.htm
Please play through the full game, or PM me for hints and easter eggs.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

ves75
001 Fanatic

Postby ves75 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:23 am

my plot and story writing is not the best And the plot for this game needs some fleshing out. I just recently discovered how far away i really am from producing a playable demo with more than basic game play, by that i mean i have yet to begin on the story nor the non story missions.
as far as 'a dark plot' goes i was shooting for the concept of fighting evil with evil sort-of-thing, even to go as far as to say the main target is a good community member or something... All I know is my basic storyline which I started years ago prior to discovering 001 and my rough ideas on making it with an evil/evilish protagonist... kinda the anti-hero type... this all I have.

So any plot thickening ideas any of you expert story writers have please post them to me I am very interested in ways to improve my story...because I am a big story fan and thus I want my game to have a strong story... and I suck at making the story seem more than a thrown together plot line...
I do like your concept MIV though and thanks
Pure Randomness!

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:36 am

ves75 wrote:my plot and story writing is not the best And the plot for this game needs some fleshing out.

Take some time out to plan the story step-by-step. Maybe reference your game to other similar ones such as The Godfather, Mafia; well, movies if you want, to get a general idea as to how it goes. I got my game idea from Fallout and Bioshock, and the plot was tedious indeed.
Of course, if you're really experiencing writer's block, feel free to ask for more ideas. Now, I'm a little stuck-ish too...
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

The M4 Team Salutes You.

ves75
001 Fanatic

Re: Bounty Hunters

Postby ves75 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:32 pm

thanks, that is almost exactly what I have been doing, I never thought of Mafia movies being a good basis for this sort of plot line but it makes sense considering mafia hits protrayed in the movies are done by same type of character and are after all 'evil' acts.... , awesome.

SCREENSHOTS

Btw As my first demo version comes closer to completion I have some screen eye candy hope they give enough of taste of what is to come
Attachments
Gplay2.jpg
Getting the assignment
Gplay1.jpg
a bit of Game play
Menu1.jpg
View of the menu
BHopen3.jpg
Skill Building
BHopen2.jpg
Clothing selection
BHopen1.jpg
Opening Creation
Last edited by ves75 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.
Pure Randomness!

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Re: Bounty Hunters Screens now up

Postby MIV » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:01 am

Eh, no need to tell us where you got that from.
Street bgs could use a little improvement, as with the buildings.
I like your HUDs, but the one in-game at the top-left looks overly compressed, and the words make it look hard to read. Maybe a holder or two?

The M4 Team Salutes You.

ves75
001 Fanatic

Postby ves75 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:40 pm

To be perfectly honest All of my material is randomized info from various video games compiled into my own Idea.. as far as mapping tiles they are from multiple sources as well..all however linked into one. And the sprites used for the characters i downloaded from another site a while back... but I did achieve one goal and that is to make 90% or better custom graphics.

On the holders I remember a topic on them somewhere but I seem not to get them to work properly for me when i tried it out prior to my work on this however I was thinking would it be better to have the 3 bars run horizontally rather vertically would that also make them easier to read?
Pure Randomness!

RPGking
001 Forum Master

Postby RPGking » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:33 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, RPGmaker tiles. For a game about bounty hunters you'd think it would be a little darker, more intimidating. ;)

ves75
001 Fanatic

Postby ves75 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:52 am

RPGking wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, RPGmaker tiles. For a game about bounty hunters you'd think it would be a little darker, more intimidating. ;)

Yeah, I have considered that, among other things, My maps tended to come out cheesey, I might try making adding some form of effect that could give the feel of a 'dark' map.

Oh and yes RPGMXP to be exact but the building tiles come from tiles ripped and designed for Rpgmaker. I have old resources from the makers and have adapted to 001 I just like it better and making custom Graphics is a lot more easier. Any way I could use a bit of darkening to the scene.
Pure Randomness!

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:59 am

Not necessarily, but make the feel either more shady or more suburb-ish, like Mafia.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

ves75
001 Fanatic

Postby ves75 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:18 pm

That's what i was thinking, and trying to achieve, I have an old rpgmaker tileset that is designed for suburban-ish type maps perhaps i could pull tiles off of that for the grass and such that should change the feel a little, that in conjunction to shadowing and proper sunlight effects might just work. Plus being my buldings and the floors used with them come from that tileset as well it would be fitting to use ground tiles that are meant to go with the building and floor tiles to help complement them.
Pure Randomness!

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:35 am

In which case, upload another screenshot when you're ready.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

ves75
001 Fanatic

Postby ves75 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:55 pm

new map tiles.. I also added a rain timer so one screen shows the rain.. not intended it just turned on just as I took the shot.... damn rain always ruining a photo-shoot...:D
I also changed up my HUD a little mainly got rid of a stat that I did not need, I'm still considering placing the HP and ESS(ence) bars horizontal.
Note I also set up indoor/outdoor switches via zones.

more work on the menus, story and mini-games then I will have my first demo ready.

Edit: I need an opinion... How should I do a game tutorial section...
Options: 1. pre-game or start.. a tutorial in the beginning of the game.
2. as a set of game pop ups like in Dungeon siege where bits of instructions and explanations are shown through a few pop up style tutorials
3. through missions like in GTA
4. as an title screen option.. like in splinter cell
5. or any other style that i have not thought of.
If I knew how to post this as a poll I would...
Attachments
BHnewScreen3.jpg
outside 'friends' house
BHnewScreen2.jpg
Rain Rain go away
BHnewScreen1.jpg
From your 'new' home
Last edited by ves75 on Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.
Pure Randomness!

Return to Games In Progress