Your Dream Video Game?

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
Danny
001 Forum Master

Your Dream Video Game?

Postby Danny » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:51 am

Hey everyone, im here to discuss future video games. What would your ideal future game be? If you could make an actual game with no limitations whatsoever what would it be? I will tell you my idea of a future game, please feel free to share your ideas and thoughts, remember your ideas have no limits it can be anything even if the technolougy does not yet exist to make it happen.

My future dream game would have to be a gigantic open world Grand Theft Auto sytle game combined with real life simulation. Instead of multiple servers holding dozens of maps you would simply have 1 gigantic server and only 1 map!

Every gamer who logs into multiplayer would be placed into the same open world as everyone else, the game would be so advanced that every single building is actually created perfectly, no flat textures such as flat windows stretched over sky scraper buildings, the windows would be real, you shoot they break. I know games offer breakable windows and other enviromental things but im talking about the entire open map being destructable.

Every building in this huge open world can be occupied, you can rent, buy or lease properties. There is no Ai bots driving around like they do in GTA, no Ai bots walking on footpaths. Ai bots are replaced by real human players, 1 server, 1 map and millions of players all thrown into together. Just like a real city in real life!

As you walk, drive, fly around the game every actor you see is human, you can take on real jobs such as the mafia and in order to keep the city crime free real human players would have to be the police, they would have to plan raids, they could record videos or take pictures of player suspects in the game and exchange them between friends, use ingame gprs to track people.

Basically this game would be real life except in a video game. You could even get permits to demolish buildings and make your own building in the old buildings place.

You could view real life TV through a TV in the video game, if you get addicted to the game but in real life a programme you love is about to come on, simply go over to your apartment in the game and flick on the TV!

You can buy your player anything!!! Heres a cool example. A player called Jimbob decideds to buy a store in the game and turns it into a designer shop, he can then make any type of designer clothes he wishes and then sell them within his store, then another player for example Tom comes along to Jimbobs store and buys designer clothers Jimbob made! Then the player can walk around in them.

And instead of constant game "Updates" the human players would be the updates! They build the video game world :D

Okay im going to slow down here, :D but im sure you guys get the idea. :lol:

Tabula Rasa
001 Forum Master

Re: Your Dream Video Game?

Postby Tabula Rasa » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:19 am

I want a Fallout New Vegas-Walking Dead hybrid. A zombie game with an actual open world AND a narrative AND a survival element. Scavenging for supplies, setting up temporary camps and defenses, having actual companions, stuff like that.

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:11 am

Tabula Rasa wrote:I want a Fallout New Vegas-Walking Dead hybrid. A zombie game with an actual open world AND a narrative AND a survival element. Scavenging for supplies, setting up temporary camps and defenses, having actual companions, stuff like that.

^

If New Vegas had more combat, less walking, I'd be on my 5th playthrough already. :P

kerub
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby kerub » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:22 am

Sniper, if you like spaceships and lasers you could give EVE Online a try. That comes closest to your concept with being only one server and having (nearly) everything player-made.

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:52 am

Ive seen EVE advertised ut never actually played it. I shall give it a try. Thanks :)

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:23 pm

One dream game of mine is a massive medieval real-time war game in which everyone who signs on with an account picks one side to fight for and then it's like an ongoing territory war. If you are a swordsman for team A, then you will fight for team A every time you sign on as a swordsman for that account. Holding a territory yields resources for your team every in game "season."

One team (the kingdom) has a castle and two medium sized towns. The other team (the rebellion) has 3 smaller towns and two forts (one of which is on an island).
Both teams have strategically placed camps and wooden forts. The kingdom is set up to be defensive, while the rebellion is supposed to be invasive with lots of siege craft.

Normal Classes:
Archer (longbow or crossbow) -- Good against anyone with low level armor who moves slow.
Swordsman (with small shield) -- Can hold a shield up defensively (making their front invincible to all but siege craft) or use a sword.
Rider (horseman with a lance/spear) -- Good at taking over an area quickly. Weak against engineers and high level swordsmen.
Engineer (slow and heavily armed with a spear or hammer) -- Repair damaged things and can construct buildings or siege craft in some places (if their team has enough resources).
Healer (armed with a long knife) -- can use potions on wounded people.

Specialty Classes (for $ubscribers):

Rebellion:
Mounter Archer (archer on horseback)
Knight (mounted swordsman)
Horse trainer (makes horses for their team given resources)
Blacksmith (makes weapons for their team given resources)

Kingdom:
Paladin (mounted swordsman)
Javalin thrower (heavy archer with small shield)
Court Engineer (moves and repairs buildings faster than engineer)
Mounted Conjurer (can make and use smoke bombs and potions)

The big difference between other online games would be formations. If you find an NPC field commander you can voluntarily organize yourself with others into a formation which can offer better protection in order to take over a certain point (movement is restricted one you are in a formation, but you can slightly move and do things like attack or defend at will). Other things like Rams and catapults allow you to team up with 2 or more people to push a covered ram toward the enemy or hurl or pour projectiles at them.

You gain money by capturing enemy points, KO on enemy players, and you can sell equipment.

Money lets you buy better equipment from stores in towns, camps and castles as well as some accessories (capes, plumes, etc).
Hey, I compose custom music for games (for free). PM me about it.

Tales of Northeta:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22467&p=349875#p349875

Sunbreak City:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21483

Shmallow World (tentative progress)
Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

2cool4me4
001 Subscriber

Postby 2cool4me4 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:02 pm

It sounds like you've thought of this before... ;)
Once you have mastered the :usevalue:, you are a truly awesome 001er.

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Sat May 04, 2013 8:23 am

All I want is a grand strategy game with a good tutorial.
Somewhere out there, is a planet with no war, no hunger, no poverty, no killing, and no evil.
It also has no oxygen

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Sun May 05, 2013 2:54 am

My dream game is you are a human pumpkin think and you walk down the street and talk to people and then they say stuff to you. You can also use atm machin

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Tue May 07, 2013 4:16 pm

SBG wrote:My dream game is you are a human pumpkin think and you walk down the street and talk to people and then they say stuff to you. You can also use atm machin

I actually did a Google search to see if you were quoting something.

No results found. Well played.

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Tue May 07, 2013 9:31 pm

Zhuge wrote:
SBG wrote:My dream game is you are a human pumpkin think and you walk down the street and talk to people and then they say stuff to you. You can also use atm machin

I actually did a Google search to see if you were quoting something.

No results found. Well played.

No just dreaming. I'd like to make that game but I think it's beyoond my scope.

AnvilHouse
001 Support

Postby AnvilHouse » Wed May 08, 2013 10:18 pm

After playing Jet Set Radio Future religiously when it first came out on the xbox I have always been looking for another game with that same free-spirited feel. So...after Vade Mecum...I might have another game to hash out :lol:

Was brainstorming while I was thinking about this and this is what spewed out from my head.
PUNK Concept WIP.png
Image Image Image

https://www.patreon.com/Anvilhouse ...yes...I am on Patreon!

-The store is under construction-
All items are guaranteed to work with 001 ;)

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Mon May 13, 2013 9:54 am

My dream video game, believe it or not, is a zombie game. I want a 3d hardcore persistent open world sandbox rogue like zombie survival/management game. You would have to manage every aspect of survival. Food, water, ammo, weight, survivors, moral, medicine, etc. Survivor wouldn't be generic "Tell me what to do and I do it". They would be wasting carrying weight on family heirlooms and valuables. Forcing them to drop them would result in short term moral drops, but long term a higher moral cap (no longer tied to the dead or missing causes less things to worry about). You would have to weigh the risks of the person going insane and hurting themselves/others vs. carrying capacity. Hand-to-hand combat would come with a HIGH risk of infection, from blood splatter unless one had riot gear. One would have to stick to ranged weapons or stealth. Stealth would be difficult to zombies having a sense of smell. Even if you stayed out of sight and made no noise, you would attract some isolated zombies, and would have to have a way to dispatch them without drawing more. Each survivors traits and profession would come into play for the party. A fat, lazy, and slow-learning person would eat more food than other survivors, and taken penalties to all jobs and would be slow to learn new tasks. A fletcher would be extremely rare (Who knows how to make bows and arrows these days?) but extremely useful (arrows!). There would be no "Upgrade welder to level 3?". A creative person would think of various ways to do things, but the quality could be terrible or decent enough to work with. However, a more experienced welder could show the weaker one how to do things allowing them to do things at a higher quality. Ammo is heavy, like it is in real life. Food and water have weight and can only be carried in limited amounts. Money will have no value in most places, and will still take up space. Most camps will only barter to match their needs, but a few will believe money still has value. Ideally, nearly every building would be enterable. Do you enter the house with tight corners and 2-8 zombies (normally) and risk infection for whatever food might be left, or do you go to the grocery store (which will be flooded with zombies) and try to sneak a few packs of food off? Another ideal, every building you enter will have a persistent inventory. If you clear out a house and come back 2 years later, chances are it's still empty. However, there may be signs of someone taking up living in the house, which may mean that there will be a few things in there now, but things would be moved around. No more "Enter house, take everything that isn't bolted down. Leave house. Come back next day to fully stocked kitchen and 5 guns laying everywhere. Bodies gone. New zombies conviviality all the way across the room with furniture in the way. Everything looks the same."

Death is death. Once infected, you either take care of the infected (put them down) for a huge moral loss, or sometimes a character trait will cause them to leave on their own. Other character traits will cause infected to hide their bites.

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Mon May 13, 2013 5:30 pm

You pretty much just described Project Zomboid to a tee, minus the 3D part. You should try it if you haven't already. I haven't played it in so long even though I actually paid for it. Wonder how far it's come since last time I played it...

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Mon May 13, 2013 5:35 pm

I've heard mixed things about it, and many of the stories I've been told about it don't match my description, haha. I'll look back into it again though.

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Mon May 13, 2013 5:44 pm

It's still in beta or alpha, but pretty much everything you listed is already in the game.

Morale, sanity, hardcore survival, previous occupation for your character that affects all of their traits, every building is enterable and loot does not respawn, H2H and melee combat is extremely risky, you get the idea.

Check it out regardless, it won't hurt anything.

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Mon May 13, 2013 5:54 pm

Except time that I've already promised to everything else :P Always time.

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:51 am

Mine is described here:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23129
As far as I know it's already in progress.
Hey, I compose custom music for games (for free). PM me about it.

Tales of Northeta:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22467&p=349875#p349875

Sunbreak City:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21483

Shmallow World (tentative progress)
Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

AndreasWZ

Postby AndreasWZ » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:37 am

The other game I played a lot as a kid was "Michael Jackson's Moonwalker" on Sega MasterSystem II hehehe :)

Well it is not impossible to keep going, but it’s more neuroscience than critique past that point...
Last edited by AndreasWZ on Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

Return to General Discussion