Testing in gg maker stopped working completely

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
SpyderIntelOld

Testing in gg maker stopped working completely

Postby SpyderIntelOld » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:31 pm

this has not happened in the older version of engine001

why doesnt the window refresh itself.
does it have something to do with OpenGL? if so is there a older version that doesnt have this problem?
how much does a lifetime subscription cost? ill buy, if these problems are fixed or i can use a older version of engine001

Lee
001 Support

Re: Testing in gg maker stopped working completely

Postby Lee » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:56 am

OpenGL has been a part of 001 for a while now. Could you explain a bit more about what is happening? Do you encounter any error messages?
Lee - 001 Community Manager

SpyderIntelOld

Postby SpyderIntelOld » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:31 am

there are no error messages, the window just doesn't refresh its display. moving the window will refresh it once but otherwise it will remain frozen.

because there isn't a error message i cant submit a bug report.
would a video help? i can post a temporary video if it will help explain it better.

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:53 pm

Yes, a video would definitely help us understand your issue!
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

SpyderIntelOld

Postby SpyderIntelOld » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:17 pm

Im unable to upload a video at the moment, but im VERY sure it has something to do with the switch to OpenGL rendering.

Even if the older versions no longer receive updates, if i could still use the subscription version of engine001 before opengl if posslibe

Dragging and dropping the window of engine001 will refresh the window's display of the game in testing. i also have this problem not only testing my game, but engine001 games made by other users as well, such as the featured games on this website.

Older versions of engine001 and engine001 games worked fine and didn't have this problem.

my take, that it has something to do with this
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27526

Is there a version of engine001 available before v1.014.000 ?

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:14 am

There is not any official versions available of previous versions. I strongly recommend updating all video drivers as this may fix your issue.
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:26 am

Mr.Numbers wrote:I strongly recommend updating all video drivers as this may fix your issue.

To add to that, make sure they're provided by the proper vendor and not Windows Update. We've had users in the past experience problems because they were using built-in Windows drivers that were fixed when actually downloading/installing the proper drivers provided by the hardware vendor.
Lee - 001 Community Manager

Return to Technical Support Questions