2D Animation Clipping?

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
SabenStudios
001 Subscriber

2D Animation Clipping?

Postby SabenStudios » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:47 pm

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice the feet on their characters clipping above their heads when they walk? It wasn't always like that so I thought it must've been something I did. However, recently I loaded up the "Role-Playing Game" demo out of curiosity and found out it was doing the same thing on there. I didn't see anything posted on the forum so maybe this is just on me but I can't figure out how to fix it. It's not the worst glitch, just kind of annoying. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks! :)

I'm using the latest version of 001

It looks more noticeable in my game but you can still see it in the demo

Edit: I tried building the game and playing it on another computer and there was no clipping, so maybe this is GPU related?
Attachments
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (12).png
Screenshot (12).png (2.67 KiB) Viewed 2411 times
Last edited by SabenStudios on Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Re: 2D Animation Clipping?

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:27 pm

Yeah that is strange. Usually that's caused by your video card if you "force" certain settings on or off, such as full-screen anti-aliasing, texture filtering, and other things. However, you can edit the character sprites, go to "Edit Compression" and pick the "Padding" option, and this might fix it completely.

Though, ideally, you'd just reset your video card settings and/or make sure your video card has the latest drivers installed.

SabenStudios
001 Subscriber

Postby SabenStudios » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:19 pm

Resetting my video card settings worked, thank you! :D

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:10 am

Glad that worked!

Return to Technical Support Questions