Collide with actor triggering when it shouldn't

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
nwong1050

Collide with actor triggering when it shouldn't

Postby nwong1050 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:17 pm

I was testing in the 3D engine and came across a bug I think.

I noticed that when the main character walks across a bridge with an enemy below it, the game engine will trigger the collision event when the event npc is below the main character. The X and Y coordinates are close enough to be colliding but the Z coordinates are very far apart. I tried using proximity instead of collision but I came across the same problem. By checking the legacy setting "only execute collision on actor responsible" the problem went away but now collision just feels very unresponsive so I can't use this as an alternative.

Any thoughts?

Return to Technical Support Questions