Sinless- DEMO V0.1 UP

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
ves75
001 Fanatic

Sinless- DEMO V0.1 UP

Postby ves75 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:41 am

Marcus,a former CEO of Meracorp, found out that the streets are fore darker than first perceived, the hard way. Having later discovering his S.I.N. had been wiped from the system. With no job, no car, and no place to live he turns to a slum bar, not knowing what the future holds, not knowing new friends await him in these dark shadows of the city, he has found him self, living among the........

SINLESS

Now with new hope, and a new ID Marcus, seeks to turn his focus on finding out who has done this to him.... Your task is to guide Marcus(you play as him,under new ID) through many trials, a long and dreadful task, in the end you will.....

well that is up to you, are you prepared?
sinlessscrntitle.png
sinlessscrn0.png
sinlessscrn1.png
sinlessscrn2.png
sinlessscrn3.png
sinlessscrn4.png
sinlessscrn5.png

I am taking comments now... DEMO NOW UP!
Last edited by ves75 on Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pure Randomness!
New Website:VeSaban Entertainment Games
new and fresh... all about creating indie games from video games to pen and paper games.....
all coded in php by one person... now is ready for users to come along and try the boring old site..:D
well decide fer yourself... suggestions wanted

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Re: Sinless

Postby MIV » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:50 am

Somehow there's a graphic clash with the character and the environment, if you know what I mean. Perhaps try editing that, but that's not too big of an issue.
Personally, I think the story has some form of originality, where you end up at the 'bottom of the food chain', but I think the many trials thing is somewhat cliched. Like an unnecessary quest to find out what happened and all. At least explain why he has to go through so many things.
Character image preview freaks me out a lot. Especially the hair with the head. Doesn't look very compatible.
Love the in-game HUD, but why is he called Bob? I thought his name was Marcus or something?
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Apocalypse I Act I: //////////////////// - 25% Done, Demo v0.3
AVAILABLE: http://www.engine001.com/games/Apocalypse+I+-+Act+I_601.htm
Please play through the full game, or PM me for hints and easter eggs.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

ves75
001 Fanatic

Postby ves75 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:04 am

MIV wrote:Somehow there's a graphic clash with the character and the environment, if you know what I mean. Perhaps try editing that, but that's not too big of an issue.

Yeah, I try, but my other sprites would have been worse, I figured to stick with the default for this one
MIV wrote:Personally, I think the story has some form of originality, where you end up at the 'bottom of the food chain', but I think the many trials thing is somewhat cliched. Like an unnecessary quest to find out what happened and all. At least explain why he has to go through so many things.

Yeah, I actually came up with this from an Shadowrun table top rpg game I held, still my idea, maybe not so much as trials, but missions, which serve as two purposes, 1)game value.. other words, leveling up etc. 2) as Marcus encounters 'friends' he finds that the 'underground' or what have you comes with a price, as he wants to get back at the people who done this to him, those who help need his help in return, yeah perhaps a bit cliche to say the least, but it does provide opportunity for sub-plots, and story twists.

MIV wrote:Character image preview freaks me out a lot. Especially the hair with the head. Doesn't look very compatible.
Love the in-game HUD, but why is he called Bob? I thought his name was Marcus or something?

Not hair but a helmet, the image is custom, from 3d graphic, I figured on something better than the default there would be a change. as far as the name goes, you are given a new 'fake' ID, part of living in the time, and thus can opt. to change your name.
Pure Randomness!
new and fresh... all about creating indie games from video games to pen and paper games.....
all coded in php by one person... now is ready for users to come along and try the boring old site..:D

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:06 pm

Graphics: Very dark and edgy, good job! 8)
Story: Sounds terrific! The eerie sense of government corruption and a new beginning sounds wicked in the story! Keep up the good work! :]
Hud: Me like it! 8)

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:16 pm

serrafina wrote:Graphics: Very dark and edgy, good job! 8)

I still say something's missing. Dark yes, edgy probably not so much. Maybe more decoration all over, such as grafitti.

ves75 wrote:
MIV wrote:Character image preview freaks me out a lot. Especially the hair with the head. Doesn't look very compatible.

Not hair but a helmet, the image is custom, from 3d graphic, I figured on something better than the default there would be a change.

Well, try to make the helmet a 3D graphic too, or at least something that doesn't look like a bowlcut.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

The M4 Team Salutes You.

ves75
001 Fanatic

Postby ves75 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:02 am

I could do that... all I did was just download the resource and adjusted the height, but hair and clothing graphics were from the 3d image... I'll give it a try... some time... :lol:

Some odd reason never thought of graffiti, probably because I could not think of any fitting to the time period.
Pure Randomness!

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:00 am

ves75 wrote:Some odd reason never thought of graffiti, probably because I could not think of any fitting to the time period.

I waas thinking that in a dark, seemingly criminal-infested period, grafitti would be more rampant. Although if you don't feel the same, maybe other elements could spice up the sinister feel to the maps.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Raisrviln
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby Raisrviln » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:54 am

hmm.. it seems pretty cool i also like the hud, nice work. can't wait to try out the demo :)

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:48 pm

Do you have any features you want to mention? 8)

ves75
001 Fanatic

Postby ves75 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:05 am

features huh? never thought about it, I just started to build the game as I could remember from when I played the table top story, I created myself.
If i were to look it over I say custom weapons, and items, all based off of Shadowrun tabletop...
for that matter everything in the game has basis from Shadowrun tabletop RPG, time period and Items mainly, along with historical background, the location is fictional and creatures with their background and the paranormal connections with magic,and whatnot.

I have plans for computer hacking, lock-picking, and a couple of mini-games.
It is not a free roam game though there is room for optional free roam with some side missions, and illegal trade of data and goods.
This is common though with many existing non-free roam RPGs.
most of the features are yet to be implemented into the game because All I have so far are first chapter missions.

On custom graphics... mostly in map tiles, and some clothing items.
Custom soundtrack, with Original Midis, though not my own.

I'm sure there are more features I'm missing however I cannot think of them. When the game comes up on the site if any play the very short demo and see something that I have yet to mention here do so and I will update the first post.
Pure Randomness!

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:24 pm

Sounds cool, I like doing some side missions, you get to hear some funny, serious, or dramatic stuff that are cool. And for music features, I bet it'll kick butt. 8)

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:44 pm

I still don't get the name. What is S.I.N stand for? Sounds like an excuse to use the word "sinless" (which is a very cool word, but I think of angels when I hear it.)
Hey, I compose custom music for games (for free). PM me about it.

Tales of Northeta:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22467&p=349875#p349875

Sunbreak City:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21483

Shmallow World (tentative progress)
Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

ves75
001 Fanatic

Re: Sinless- DEMO V0.1 UP

Postby ves75 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:16 am

System Identification Number...... an Advanced version of Social security Number but instead it is used to keep every record of all properties and assets.. this is just the general basics... One of the many things based from Shadowrun Tabletop RPG

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Update--- Demo Now out.... outside of any comments I also would like to see any thing in regards to typos, unintentional misspellings, and unintentional grammatical errors (there are intentional misspellings and grammatical errors)
Small Guide (some things players could figure out but it is nice to know)
Med kits and med pacs- You will need only one med kit but uses med pacs... these items can be used like weapons and heal a percentage of your max HP
sodas are healing items that can be used from Inventory....
Some places are work in progress, either due to storyboard or I have yet anything to be placed in the location, shop etc.
I am till playing with the screen detentions to suit an ideal play field.
Enjoy the short demo... Updates will be here as the are made....

Oh and another thing... credit pages will be made after the main game is finished.....
Last edited by ves75 on Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.
Pure Randomness!

milleja46
001 Fanatic

Location: I think somewhere in the bad part of NYC or is it Charlotte?

Postby milleja46 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:04 pm

Awesome :D still i can't see in the apartment i feel like one of the three blind mice :( I think we need a little bit of light. Keep working on it. :D
Just a newbie still learning the basics apparently.

ves75
001 Fanatic

Postby ves75 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:08 pm

There is a flashlight in a cabinet of the on the right...its in the room next to the bathroom.
Pure Randomness!

milleja46
001 Fanatic

Postby milleja46 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:10 pm

Oh :( I could not tell because it is so dark i will have to look for it. Did Jade mention anything about that in the game?

ves75
001 Fanatic

Postby ves75 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:13 pm

I should have her do so, or at least give a clue.... come to think of it I intended on having a clue to needing a flashlight because the lower area is much darker.
It has been noted though.
Thanks!
Last edited by ves75 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pure Randomness!

milleja46
001 Fanatic

Postby milleja46 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:17 pm

Your welcome i just thought it was werid that it was pitch black and no flashlight without knowing there to be one.

ves75
001 Fanatic

Postby ves75 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:35 am

As Mike would say "fixed for next version"..... :lol:
Pure Randomness!

Jegar
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Jegar » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:16 am

I really like your main menu.

ves75
001 Fanatic

Postby ves75 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:48 am

Thanks!
Pure Randomness!

milleja46
001 Fanatic

Postby milleja46 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:21 pm

Ves i don't know if this is your game or engine001 but when i go to save the game it give me the error that it can't save then quits on me. Oh and i can't find the flashlight you were talking about. I looked in the bathroom but nothing there.

ves75
001 Fanatic

Postby ves75 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:22 pm

ves75 wrote:it has been fixed... I tested for that error before submitting ant it wasn't present... I'll try to upload again...

From the go all the way north turn around the corner, enter the room past the hole... you will see the bathroom to the left is another room.. in there is a dresser search that.

Now I am sending a minor update.
Pure Randomness!

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:50 am

Played, here's my comments.
Spelling, grammar and sentence structure errors. Some of your sentences are pretty stuck together. And it's spelled 'albeit'. And instead of 'this 'Joe' is where', try 'where is this 'Joe''?
Your smaller gameplay maps are a little off-center to the left, I'd have to say. And the HUD is a wee bit too colorful.
Graphics clash quite a fair bit, try changing the basic character sprite. I've mentioned this before.
And for some strange reason, I can't load again... did you use 1.6.3 to make the newest version of the demo?

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Jegar
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Jegar » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:34 pm

I played and well..... I liked it, granted it was really dark and the navigation was odd some buildings all looked the same, there were grammer and spelling mistakes but that was only a few, the was cool and I actually want to know more about the world that is. Is it impoverished were a privileged few live in luxury whilst the rest live in squalor. This game reminded me of Deus Ex.

milleja46
001 Fanatic

Postby milleja46 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:17 pm

Saving still a problem.

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:29 pm

milleja46 wrote:Saving still a problem.

That problem has been rectified by Mike, and will be fixed by the next version. See Bug and Error Reporting.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

ves75
001 Fanatic

Postby ves75 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:31 am

MIV wrote:Spelling, grammar and sentence structure errors. Some of your sentences are pretty stuck together. And it's spelled 'albeit'. And instead of 'this 'Joe' is where', try 'where is this 'Joe''?

I did intend on some grammatical errors, I found most people when speaking sometimes make these grammatical errors, though this one I agree with, except I saw where my error was actually a punctuational one... because I do wish for the statement to be incorrect, but a comma between 'Joe' and is should give my intention better.
And yes 'albeit' that is what I am looking for in spelling errors until the spellchecker is out, I do need more findings, and thanks.
Spelling is not my strong point.
MIV wrote:Your smaller gameplay maps are a little off-center to the left, I'd have to say. And the HUD is a wee bit too colorful.

Centering the smaller maps are a bit difficult at times, I can see what i can do.... I personally like the HUD with the Red and gold, but as far as the magic section I was not sure what colors to use there, I was going to go with red and gold as well but in opposite, but thought against it, I want to keep the red an gold, any suggestions on other colors for the magic bar and holder?

MIV wrote:Graphics clash quite a fair bit, try changing the basic character sprite. I've mentioned this before.

I plan on trying something with the sprite, like my walls, I added a bit more depth to them, I plan on doing the same, I like the Sprite though, as far as the other graphics I am well aware of some objects clashing, I will see what I can do to fix that.
Jegar wrote:I played and well..... I liked it, granted it was really dark and the navigation was odd some buildings all looked the same, there were grammer and spelling mistakes but that was only a few, the was cool and I actually want to know more about the world that is. Is it impoverished were a privileged few live in luxury whilst the rest live in squalor. This game reminded me of Deus Ex.

With the buildings, well I have very low space on the way I made the walls... I was concerned about this, but figured if I could use proper placement, then the map could be less confusing.
The world has a basis from the Shadowrun tabletop RPG... I changed quite a bit from the source but kept the concept, By that the world is ran by corporate governments along side with the overall government. The focus of the world from the game perspective is the criminal element. I have chosen to keep this concept but yet I have managed to avoid the GTA feel of Shadowrun. Along with that, the existence of magic, paranormal beings, and fantasy creatures are explained by a form of awakening, which states that every human and animal has some DNA historical connection to mythical concepts and beings, thus in turns validates the mythical stories.
I have an in-depth knowledge of Shadowrun, and the history within. But it is far too much to post in one post, I am even unsure if a briefing can be given for full understanding, but it is where I used my concept of this world, with my own adaptations, like the Rangers, and some weapons.... even the street gangs, and of course the concept of S.I.N. I intend on making an instruction manual of sorts and putting it up on a free web page, which will cover the basics.
Oh and thanks...
Pleas post any further Grammatical and spelling errors, keep in mind some were intentional though.
Pure Randomness!

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:49 am

ves75 wrote:Centering the smaller maps are a bit difficult at times, I can see what i can do.... I personally like the HUD with the Red and gold, but as far as the magic section I was not sure what colors to use there, I was going to go with red and gold as well but in opposite, but thought against it, I want to keep the red an gold, any suggestions on other colors for the magic bar and holder?

Uh, sorry, do you mean 'magic' as in actually casting spells? Because from what I recall, your game is somewhat in between realistic and futuristic, so I'm not too sure how magic fits in with the gameplay here.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

ves75
001 Fanatic

Postby ves75 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:24 pm

yeah... sorta... the use of self energy more like it, its part of the story, trust me I have thought this through... everything I wanted to implement into the game I found an way to include it, and why Marcus or the other characters are able to do what they do.
I am still not certain if I want casting of spells or essence draining abilities. But I have thought out where the spell or ability will come from.
Note I am leaning toward ability.
Pure Randomness!

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:32 pm

It is interesting how you plan to incorporate technology with pseudo-magic, but try to limit yourself at that. You can't possibly have real magic to an extent where you cast meteors on all who stand against you.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Jegar
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Jegar » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:52 pm

Excited for next version.

ves75
001 Fanatic

Postby ves75 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:01 am

MIV wrote:It is interesting how you plan to incorporate technology with pseudo-magic, but try to limit yourself at that. You can't possibly have real magic to an extent where you cast meteors on all who stand against you.

Yeah, I know where i want to go with it, If I wanted to go with the other I would have had to make other party members, it would not fit with the style.
Overall though I am focusing mainly on the execution of the primary story, and making sure the player understands what is going on, and not to loose the player in other story elements. such as character development and sub-plots.

@Jegar: cool hopefully all the Jade missions will be complete, and further knowledge of what the plans of the two mystery men are planning.
Pure Randomness!

Jegar
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Jegar » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:17 am

Awesome.

milleja46
001 Fanatic

Postby milleja46 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:13 pm

it is awesome what you have done a few bugs but nothing to serious. Keep it up. :D

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:34 pm

milleja46 wrote:it is awesome what you have done a few bugs but nothing to serious. Keep it up. :D

Can you point out the specific bugs, if you don't mind? Helps him work on it quicker.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

milleja46
001 Fanatic

Postby milleja46 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:54 pm

MIV wrote:
milleja46 wrote:it is awesome what you have done a few bugs but nothing to serious. Keep it up. :D

Can you point out the specific bugs, if you don't mind? Helps him work on it quicker.

already did so. But that was saving and loading. Also some clues to where things are. But he knows that since i told him wks ago.

Return to Games In Progress