Salutations

New to the forums? Going on vacation? Leaving forever? Tell us!
RockSauron

Salutations

Postby RockSauron » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:11 pm

Ohai, I am a 17 year old high school graduate as of last Friday who will be going to college for video game design in two months. Honestly, I don't really like the programming stuff, though I might be good at it if I tried, it just scares me. I figured I might be able to try 001 to gain some basic insights into game design before heading to college in two months, and maybe be able to make one of the four or five rpg ideas I've got swirling in my head.

So yeah, I like to think of myself as a thinker. I like to think up stories (which I think are good... I can't tell you because I am hoping to make them real games one day so you'd have to take my word that they're good. Or not. Doesn't really matter I suppose). I also think of gameplay and ideas... My problem, however, is trying to make them stick.

Ever since I was a wee lad, I used to always draw video games on paper. I have hundreds of paper of the many Zelda clones I started then stopped as my mind started anew. Because they were always Zelda clones. My problem with other engines is that, well, I think too big. I can't really start with some flash minigame. I... like adventure. I like RPGs. I like story. I just realize that it's hard to jump straight to rpgs <_>

Well, I just did the tutorial and it seemed simple enough. For now at least. I'm hoping I'll be able to get some insight...and hopefully be able to achieve something XD. I couldn't download sprites without registering (I can't sprite. Or draw. At all XD :/) so I thought I might as well introduce myself. So yep. that's me. Also, I am an evil peanut warlord. Don't ask. Or do. Your choice. It;s your sanity, after all :/

sonic swordmaster
001 Fanatic

Re: Salutations

Postby sonic swordmaster » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:58 pm

Welcome to the forums :D
Stick around You'll like it here ;)

programming isn't as hard a people make it out to be, and besides 001 makes programming easy. Start small and then build upon your idea and in no time you find that you have a deep and complex game in the works.

Evil peanut warlord? I must ask for the sake of asking :D
Dragged down into the ocean of oblivion

Stephen Chapman
001 Forum Master

Postby Stephen Chapman » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:43 am

Hey mate. Welcome to the forums. :D
I found using 001 really helped me to understand about variables, loops, etc, for my programming course I did at University. So yes, it does help. Enjoy!

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:12 am

Welcome to the forums mate, It's always nice to see a new face :D
Somewhere out there, is a planet with no war, no hunger, no poverty, no killing, and no evil.
It also has no oxygen

RockSauron

Postby RockSauron » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:30 pm

sonic swordmaster wrote:Evil peanut warlord? I must ask for the sake of asking :D

Eh, I signed up for another forum about three years ago. A few days later, I watched an episode of the Simpsons with this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQpc0QfBaMc[/youtube]

Well, I saw it as a cartoon, but I could only find that Clay thing on youtube.

Anyway, after seeing that I became obsessed with peanuts. A few months later I became an evil warlord because of the whole Sauron aspect of my name.

Yeah. Kinda boring. Don't really talk about peanuts much anymore.

ANYWAY... thanks people for welcoming me... Now I'll just need to figure out how to work this XD

While I'm here... http://www.engine001.com/resources/Royal+Gear_1609.htm I tried that, but when I select the crown, the crown flies above the character's head D: Is it an old version or something?

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:36 pm

Welcome. You should probably send a private message to the creator of the resource if you're having difficulties with it.

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:50 pm

Welcome! The Germans will soon overrun your warlord operation though. ;)
(Likely your having trouble because that is an asset for MS-Paint and you're using the Pro assets.)

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:15 pm

Hello! :)

patatoface
001 Forum Master

Postby patatoface » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:56 am

WELCOME FRIEND!!! 8D

Return to Hello, Away, Goodbye