My music guide

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
Samulis
001 Fanatic

My music guide

Postby Samulis » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:30 pm

So, I have been informed by a certain visitor to the 001 website that they want me to continue my music tutorial.

Although it's just one person and I have about 800 OTHER obligations, I will make sure that I will start revising and adding onto that tutorial... fixing one or two errors, adding more information on Chords and Key Signatures (sharps, flats; major, minor), and also making an official easier-to-use off-001-website .pdf version.

In addition to fixing, I will be adding a reference section that will have a few images and bits of information that should be used for quick reference- drawing notes, the scales, piano-to-'Grand Staff' note chart (to help people new to Pianos), and the names and locations of all of the notes generally played on a full-sized keyboard. I also plan to add a few 'look and then listen' playback sections where you can hear a certain bit of music being played, along with learning pitches with the 'doe, ray, mi, fa, so, la, ti, doe' system.

Of course, this would be the time for all (even if only slightly) educated musicians and composers to come forward and give me a hand if you wish. I always give credit in the preface to anyone who helps (even if in the smallest amount) and yes, I do need help on this!

The topic of the third chapter will be 'Styles, Scales, and Notation, oh my!'... it will deal with more complex concepts of music. In addition, I will be rewriting large amounts of the guide.

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Re: My music guide

Postby Mike » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:56 am

Many users will come and go through these forums - this and next year will be progressively more. Every tutorial made will be greatly appreciated by many. So don't feel this one person is insignificant :D.

More specific to your post - sounding very good.

Samulis
001 Fanatic

Re: My music guide

Postby Samulis » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:38 pm

It will take some time, indeed, but I think I will have a fair-sized update by next weekend.

Return to General Discussion