War Zone

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
001enginebldr

War Zone

Postby 001enginebldr » Wed May 27, 2009 9:27 am

Okay the games called War Zone and the plot is a little ify. its one of those you cant remember yourself things. The scene is in afghanistan and its a modern shooter/anti-terror type of game. I was wondering if you had any plot advice like a better intro. The intro i have so far is that i was hit by a mortar and i cant remember anything, but im lucky to be alive, were surrounded by terrorsists, and i need to look for remaining survivors scattered around the country side.
Halo 3 Tag.

Game-Nasium

Re: War Zone

Postby Game-Nasium » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:29 am

Thats sounds like a fine intro to me. How far along in the game are you?

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:45 am

Game-Nasium wrote:Thats sounds like a fine intro to me.

WRONG.
Sounds like a pretty plain intro... amnesia. Yes, I used that for Apocalypse I: Prelude. Turned out pretty badly...

001enginebldr wrote:The intro i have so far is that i was hit by a mortar and i cant remember anything, but im lucky to be alive, were surrounded by terrorsists, and i need to look for remaining survivors scattered around the country side.

If I were you, and if I want minimal plot changes, what I would do is to add certain parts that have subplots, and certain parts that give you a memory relapse; you can remember certain stuff after seeing things. Perhaps a not-so cliched thing is when you realize that you were working for this terrorist organization all along, or you realize that your anti-terror unit is not only killing terrorists, but attempting genocide on the entire Afghanistan, and then you turn heretic, battling both terrorist units and the corrupt anti-terror unit at the same time.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Apocalypse I Act I: //////////////////// - 25% Done, Demo v0.3
AVAILABLE: http://www.engine001.com/games/Apocalypse+I+-+Act+I_601.htm
Please play through the full game, or PM me for hints and easter eggs.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Game-Nasium

Postby Game-Nasium » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:56 am

nice ideas MIV, I see where your coming from and as far as I can tell your suggestions can only make it better.

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 am

Game-Nasium wrote:nice ideas MIV, I see where your coming from and as far as I can tell your suggestions can only make it better.

Can't tell for sure... if he likes his plot like that or he's planned something else in advance, so be it. I'm not saying that it definitely will make his game better, but it's worth a try.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

The M4 Team Salutes You.

SpyderIntelligence

Postby SpyderIntelligence » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:18 am

Depending on the lentgh of the game, the storyline would be too broad or too common, more or less.

For a shooter game, it will most likey need a slight tune-up.
If your making a adventure/shooter, that storyline wont cut at all.

Needs a better plot, something that will stand out.
VortexEnterprises: Im currently on leave.

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:39 am

Anti-terror. Definitely needs to rely on some form of plot or another.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Return to Games In Progress