Dark Legacy: Battle for Gauldan

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
Ardor
Distinguished 001 Member

Dark Legacy: Battle for Gauldan

Postby Ardor » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:10 pm

This game is RTS style and I have been working on it casually over the past month and a half, but it has come to my attention that I need to get it done quickly or else other RTS games will be created first (Cantrel: Kingdoms for example) We may not be able to compare as far as rating goes, but it's a race to the finish! (just a little friendly competition... Ay Evergreen? ;) )

I am now accepting team members where FULL credit is givin! Look below for job opportunities.

The Team

Head Scripter: Ardor

Map Artist: Ardor

Team Positions Yet to be Filled

Resource Artist:

Environment Artist:

Concept Artist:

Character Artist:

Assistant Scripter:

HUD Artist:

Music Composer:

If you are looking to join the team please post it in this manner (Points will be taken for unorganized and messy resumes)

[Job wishing to join here]

Why should you join the team?
[Description]

What are some of your works in the feild you want to join?
[pics, games, concept art, anything you think will make me want to pick you)

***PLEASE NOTE***

More than 1 person can join a feild (ex: 2 conept artists and 3 scripters) so if the area you want to join is already filled, send in a resume anyway! But there is a limit to 3 people per feild (I don't expect to get that many people, but it is the standard)

***PLEASE NOTE***

I hope to get some screenshots up soon, and I am working on a description right now!
Last edited by Ardor on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scaveleon
001 Translator

Re: Dark Legacy: Battle for Gauldan

Postby Scaveleon » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:10 am

Ardor wrote:This game is RTS style and I have been working on it casually over the past month and a half, but it has come to my attention that I need to get it done quickly or else other RTS games will be created first (Cantrel: Kingdoms for example) We may not be able to compare as far as rating goes, but it's a race to the finish! (just a little friendly competition... Ay Evergreen? ;) )

It's a tough competetion. You're currently competing with Evergreen and Lucifiend, me, and (probably) Gamer_Dude001. Although Evergreen have stated that his game is going to be turnbased in battles, with a more Sim-City style when ruling the lands. I'm worried about how versatile 3D is as of current - so he really have to depend on Mike before he can release his.
MIV wrote:It's definitely not The Epic Game of Loladin as the screenshot said.
Nor is it The Epic Game of Loladin Happy Face.

SoundCloud
Project blog

Ardor
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby Ardor » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:24 am

Really? Well the way he makes it is kinda taking away from the RTS and turning it into a sid meirs style game... Oh well, I am still gonna try!

Partysofa
001 Support

Postby Partysofa » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:16 pm

My brother makes a somewhat RTS I think. I'm not sure.

What does RTS mean btw? :?
001 Discord server Image
Twitter Image
Tales of Astya (WIP) Development Blog

coffeennicotine
001 Fanatic

Postby coffeennicotine » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:47 pm

Real Time Strategy....

"In an RTS, as in other wargames, the participants position and maneuver units and structures under their control to secure areas of the map and/or destroy their opponents' assets. In a typical RTS it is possible to create additional units and structures during the course of a game. This is generally limited by a requirement to expend accumulated resources. These resources are in turn garnered by controlling special points on the map and/or possessing certain types of units and structures devoted to this purpose. More specifically, the typical game of the RTS genre features resource gathering, base building, in-game technological development and indirect control of units" -Wikipedia

Ardor
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby Ardor » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:12 am

coffeennicotine wrote:Real Time Strategy....

"In an RTS, as in other wargames, the participants position and maneuver units and structures under their control to secure areas of the map and/or destroy their opponents' assets. In a typical RTS it is possible to create additional units and structures during the course of a game. This is generally limited by a requirement to expend accumulated resources. These resources are in turn garnered by controlling special points on the map and/or possessing certain types of units and structures devoted to this purpose. More specifically, the typical game of the RTS genre features resource gathering, base building, in-game technological development and indirect control of units" -Wikipedia

Thanks for your input, but if you are willing to take that much time to tell somebody about what RTS is, then I would suggest PM'ing them... ;) Let's get back on topic! For all of you who are contemplating on joining, I would suggest Downloading a demo version of heroes of might and magic. I think I would like that kind of gameplay, but I am also thinking of making it a "commander" type game where you make combat options through a map and don't actually see the fight, and can upgrade cities and stuff... Just a though and I would like all of your input! :)

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:29 am

Shadow asked and cofee helped. And "all that time" was about 7 seconds : /

Ardor
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby Ardor » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:25 pm

Yeah... sorry about that, but my point still stands. If he is willing to take the time to post something like that why dosen't he PM him ;) No harm done though :) ok NOW lets get back on topic

Return to Games In Progress