Map Music won't loop after first play

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Danny
001 Forum Master

Map Music won't loop after first play

Postby Danny » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:15 pm

In the map properties where you select the maps music the music only plays once while testing after that just silence. Seems the music won't loop. How do i make it loop?

Edit: Seems i was wrong it does play again however there is a 30 second silence after the song ends before it plays again. How do i fix this?

fma_lvr
001 Subscriber

Re: Map Music won't loop after first play

Postby fma_lvr » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:38 pm

I've noticed this as well. Forcing it to play with a script would restart the song, but it used to loop automatically when selected through map settings. I think this is a bug, though.

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:59 am

This isn't happening in-game right? Just the preview inside the editor? - In which case, this isn't a bug. This was changed to fix a looping glitch that was reported not too long ago (I believe Danny initially reported that issue). If it's not properly looping in-game though, then that's an issue that needs to be looked into.
Lee - 001 Community Manager

fma_lvr
001 Subscriber

Postby fma_lvr » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:06 pm

Oh, in-game, definitely; I haven't even been able to play music inside the editor for at least a year.

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:50 am

Lee wrote:This isn't happening in-game right? Just the preview inside the editor? - In which case, this isn't a bug. This was changed to fix a looping glitch that was reported not too long ago (I believe Danny initially reported that issue). If it's not properly looping in-game though, then that's an issue that needs to be looked into.

Hey sorry for the delay been a little busy. I just got round to testing my game and the music plays fine when the player enters the map but once the music as finished playing it fails to loop and you have to wait around 2-3 minutes for it to start again and sometimes but only rarely fails to play again at all. This is while testing from a built version and not within GGMaker.

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:38 am

Can either of you (or both of you) send a bug report for this so I can look into it?

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:51 am

Lee wrote:Can either of you (or both of you) send a bug report for this so I can look into it?

Bug Report Sent

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:46 pm

Thanks Danny. I see what you mean...It does loop but after 2-3 minutes of waiting which is a little strange. I've approved the bug report ;).

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:50 pm

Lee wrote:Thanks Danny. I see what you mean...It does loop but after 2-3 minutes of waiting which is a little strange. I've approved the bug report ;).

It's not a huge issue but certainly something that needs fixing at some point. Glad to have helped. :D

Return to Technical Support Questions