Make HUD Graph Bar fill smoothly

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
djeby
001 Enthusiast

Make HUD Graph Bar fill smoothly

Postby djeby » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:00 am

I am interested in how i can update the graph bar smoothly in the hud. For example the XP bar, when i earn 500 xp, i don`t want the bar to fill instantly to the 500 mark, i want it to fill smoothly.

Is there anyway to do that? I tried using the delay function when i add the XP, and the animation works, but it gives me an error saying that the delay function cannot be used on local variables or parameters.

Is there any other way to do this?
Legend of Miro - A 2D Storytelling RPG

Lee
001 Support

Re: Make HUD Graph Bar fill smoothly

Postby Lee » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:17 pm

If you're using the Variable Operation or Change Text / Value events, you can just set a Duration time to increment the value at the speed you want. Then just set your Field's Retrieve Text value to your Variable. I've just tested this and it works as intended. If this is what you're doing and it's resulting in an error, could you send a bug report through the software (Help > Submit Bug) so I can take a look at the problem?
Lee - 001 Community Manager

djeby
001 Enthusiast

Postby djeby » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:57 am

Ok, so the error appears only on level up. Here is the error and here is how I am testing it.

Error: http://i64.tinypic.com/noit8w.jpg

Add Exp Zone: http://i68.tinypic.com/21llb87.jpg

Hud Exp: http://i64.tinypic.com/33jr8zl.jpg

So, the idea is that the error does not appear, only on level up. If i add the XP and the character does not level up, everything is good. When the character levels up, the error appears.

The settings in my HUD are:
- Retrieve Value: Player(1).Member("Character P0").Experience
- Retrieve Maximum: Player(1).Member("Character P0").ExperienceNextLevel

I need to make the bar increase smoothly, but I cannot seem to do it.

Can you detail how I should make it based on my settings?
I am not using variables, i am using the Change Experience.

I hope i get help. Sorry for the noob question, but I am getting the hang of GGMaker. I started a few days ago, and i am still learning, that is why i ask for this info. Thanks

Any suggestions guys? I really need help on this one. Thanks
Last edited by djeby on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:04 am

Apologies for the late response on this but could you send a bug report through the software (Help > Submit Bug) so I can take a look at your project? It's far easier for me that way. Thanks! :)

djeby
001 Enthusiast

Postby djeby » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:24 am

Hello, thanks for the reply. No problem.

It is not actually a bug, it does not generate an error.

I just want the xp bar to fill smoothly from 0 to 100 to increment visually. At the moment, when you gain XP, it just jumps, doesn't have a smooth animation effect. It is empty, then you finish a quest, it it jumps instantly to the specified XP.

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:47 am

I know it's not a bug - it's just easier for me to look at the project. Just mark the report as a "Visual issue" and when it says to post on the forums instead, you can just ignore this (since I'm asking for a bug report).

Return to Technical Support Questions