SorS

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
DBXDBXH

SorS

Postby DBXDBXH » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:51 am

Survive or Shamble, you are a private mercenary hired to bring order to the island of sabia, reports of cannibalism and violence are coming in from all over the island. This is a time for heros can you stop the undead, can you stop the ultra-nationalists? can you stop the cultists? the game has numerous weapons, get back to you on the exact number, some of the clothing and some of the weapons came from other people on the forum. I do plan on releasing all my weapons to the forum so everyone can enjoy them.

Anyway, the game is based around survival, avoiding most conflicts..."yeah right" and resource management, you will have to save refugees, make arrests, kill, and protect. Do jobs all of this while trying to survive the common enemy...the undead...but the question on everyone's mind is...how? How did this come to be? the truth is you will only know once you beat the game...and that isn't going to happen for awhile, cause its not done yet. the main objective of the game will be to re-claim outposts from enemy hands "undead" or in some cases the ultra-nationalists or crazed surivors...point being is SorS is a playground/sandbox of death,destruction,damnation just wait...uploading the single level demo, it can also be found on 001's facebook pages and my own personal face book page. I am constantly advertising the site because its a damn good tool.

the zombies have levels as well standards which range all the way to 8 and let me tell you...level 8's are nasty, the exp gap is pretty big in this game but it rewards well, oh also a mirror can be held to the enemies and allies alike with the Evolves. so a standard level 1 zombie is slow but has a decent amount of hp and a hearty defense, a level 1E runs but has less hp and defense, also a critical chance system exsists on all weapons in the game besides a few which are so powerful they don't need a critical chance, but if you score a critical hit the enemy is toast, still balancing this system trying to get rid of those guns that seem to wipe everything...well not all of them anyway. Ammo will be expensive, and very hard to come by in the game world. As of this moment one entire outpost is completed and I am doing the quests, It is called Outpost Luxury which is a mansion/prison complex once I am done sprucing it up it will be released for consumption. multiple quests, a decent amount of outside area to play in, and a total of 38 rooms to run around in the mansion, and a dozen secret areas in just that outpost alone. wait till I am done with all 12 of them, this game is gonna be pretty massive when it's done. I also think that it will change how people think about 2d zombie games/survival/war sims. I've been working on all aspects of this project for a few years now. Hopefully when its done, it will be worth it.

Derminore
001 Enthusiast

Re: SorS

Postby Derminore » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:44 am

sounds pretty good dude you should post some screenies :D
EXCUSE ME DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IS IT?
....ITS ADVENTURE TIME!!!

DBXDBXH

Postby DBXDBXH » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:22 am

Oh believe me, once it is up to snuff their will be a demo :) and the demo for the 001 community is coming, everyone else is seeing the first one, you guys might get to see pro assests with my weapons ported over, they fit the firing animations perfect, even working on muzzle flash and shell ejecting, changing magazines all that good stuff still can't get the timing quite right with animation and reload time...almost though, same hurdle I over came with the sound of reloads, once it is all in sync its gonna kick major loads of ass, and the up close fatality system is gonna be a kick to, as well as the gamble system where you could lose your best weapon, or you could lose all your weapons and be granted a really weak or powerful one with lots of ammo, or very little ammo lmao. 2.0 is gonna be better than the original but I wanna keep both going, like the one with ms-paint is close to my heart, its been my bbi. I had a severe system crash a year ago and lost all my 450 maps I had built, all my systems everything gone, I still had the music, and weapons but I lost all the custom clothes, and events and all that and just never wanted to re-do it all, it litterally took over a year, and the biggest bitch of it all was the game was a week from being released on the site... :( but its back in production along with 2.0 with pro assets which will become the mp and single player successor to the ms-paint assests.

The soundtrack is pretty hefty 32 songs all made by me, I might include a few songs I like by other artists, I haven't decided yet, it will tell you on the bottom of the screen what is playing DJ IAMDBX is gonna be my stuff I made for the game. anyway, SorS is gonna be a good 001 title, however its only down fall is I keep a tight media lock, Like said you can play a single level demo, with some bugs of the MS-paint assets I couldn't load it to the site it was too big, check 001's facebook provided I didn't break any rules with that.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:34 am

You are Deathboxhead yes? Saw this game a long while back.

Return to Games In Progress