Master model animation speed

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
SBG
001 Subscriber

Master model animation speed

Postby SBG » Tue May 31, 2016 10:33 pm

I was wondering if there were a way to control the speed that animations play that were referenced from a master model? The only way I can tell is from the Preview option in the master model itself, which affects every animation in the master.

Also, what does Animation Index do? I can't find any info on it anywhere.

CnN
001 Subscriber

Re: Master model animation speed

Postby CnN » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:48 am

Did this ever get solved? I feel like I've dealt with this before. At least with what you seem to want your end result to be.

What are you trying to do in particular with this? (Like; is it a stationary sprite or NPC? dynamic under X conditions?)

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:31 am

I'm just talking about the speed at which the animations of a 3D sprite play when using the master model feature. The traditional frame speed options don't work with 3D models, but there is an option called "preview" that can control the speed. However, the purpose of using a master model is to save resources by putting all of your intended animations sequentially into 1 model file and importing it that way. You can then create your separate animations by referencing the time they start in the master model. It's fine if your animations are all the same length, because the 'preview' option can control the animation speed of the master model and all of your animations are the same length so it's all good. But if they're not the same length, then this is where the problems come up. You may have 1 or 2 animations in the master model that need to play at a different speed, but it's all or nothing with the preview option.

This isn't an issue when importing each animation as a separate model, or even separating master models by frame length per animation. However, for the sake of original purpose of the master model concept, I'd like to be able to keep a single master model and adjust animation speeds individually.

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:56 am

I wouldn't mind moving the option to the segment window instead. But I'd not have it in both. Would everyone prefer it be in the segment options window?

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:01 pm

I think it would make more sense there. The only thing it really changes is adding more control to individual animations generated from a master model, right?

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:08 pm

Yea

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:46 am

Is this option still going to be switched?

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:17 pm

Forgot about it :P. Added it in. Option is available to both windows now.

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:58 pm

Thanks Mike! You're the man. :D

Just checked the feature move, and it's there, but it's grayed out.
Last edited by SBG on Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

Last bumped by SBG on Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:58 pm.

Return to Technical Support Questions