Updating my game

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Turiam
Member
 
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:47 pm

Updating my game

Postby Turiam » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:24 pm

Hi everyone :) I have a little problem. I am making a game and I have a friend that is testing it, I updated the HUD to something new, he installed the update/patch but when he loaded his old save file he still had the old HUD. I would like to know how can i fix this problem please. A quick answer would be appreciated. :)
Cumps

Turiam

User avatar
Danny
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:14 am

Re: Updating my game

Postby Danny » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:27 pm

Turiam wrote:Hi everyone :) I have a little problem. I am making a game and I have a friend that is testing it, I updated the HUD to something new, he installed the update/patch but when he loaded his old save file he still had the old HUD. I would like to know how can i fix this problem please. A quick answer would be appreciated. :)


Uninstall the old version of your game then install the new version.

Edit: You can also try to "Refresh" the HUD after the game is loaded, that might update it.

User avatar
Mr.Numbers
001 Support
 
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:50 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Updating my game

Postby Mr.Numbers » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:55 pm

Saving/loading the game causes issues with updates, as when you load the game it will revert all changes to the pre-updated state. (As far as I know)
Image
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Turiam
Member
 
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:47 pm

Re: Updating my game

Postby Turiam » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:27 am

Danny wrote:
Turiam wrote:Hi everyone :) I have a little problem. I am making a game and I have a friend that is testing it, I updated the HUD to something new, he installed the update/patch but when he loaded his old save file he still had the old HUD. I would like to know how can i fix this problem please. A quick answer would be appreciated. :)


Uninstall the old version of your game then install the new version.

Edit: You can also try to "Refresh" the HUD after the game is loaded, that might update it.


Well I tried but appears this error:
Attachments
Screenshot (33).png
Error
Cumps

Turiam

User avatar
Mike
001 Co-Founder
 
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 1:29 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Updating my game

Postby Mike » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:22 pm

Could you please send a bug report through the software via the help menu (submit bug option)? Make sure the error still happens for you before you send it.

Turiam
Member
 
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:47 pm

Re: Updating my game

Postby Turiam » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:11 am

Mike wrote:Could you please send a bug report through the software via the help menu (submit bug option)? Make sure the error still happens for you before you send it.


Already sent.
Cumps

Turiam

User avatar
Danny
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:14 am

Re: Updating my game

Postby Danny » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:18 am

In GGMaker to the option called "Game" then "Visual Settings" and then uncheck "Object Shadows"

User avatar
Lee
001 Support
 
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:59 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Updating my game

Postby Lee » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:25 pm

Danny wrote:In GGMaker to the option called "Game" then "Visual Settings" and then uncheck "Object Shadows"


I think you've posted this in the wrong thread. I'm guessing you were trying to respond to this thread?
Lee - 001 Community Manager

User avatar
Danny
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:14 am

Re: Updating my game

Postby Danny » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:31 pm

Lee wrote:
Danny wrote:In GGMaker to the option called "Game" then "Visual Settings" and then uncheck "Object Shadows"


I think you've posted this in the wrong thread. I'm guessing you were trying to respond to this thread?


Only myself to blame, i really gotta stop opening tabs to topics. Thanks Lee.


Return to Technical Support Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron