Spamming forum

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
CnN
001 Subscriber

Spamming forum

Postby CnN » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:08 pm

Danny, any way you can reduce the spam flood happening here? A simple question I had 3 days ago was buried under your many many posts. Just posted again and not an hour later and it's being buried under more of your posts.

Danny
001 Forum Master

Re: Spamming forum

Postby Danny » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:22 pm

CnN wrote:Danny, any way you can reduce the spam flood happening here? A simple question I had 3 days ago was buried under your many many posts. Just posted again and not an hour later and it's being buried under more of your posts.

Excuse me? Spamming? Care to link me to the spam please?

Infact can hardly call it spamming, please enlighten me to where the spam is. Now if you'd have said could you kindly stop making alot of topics that would have been a little nicer. Spam my topics are not, my topics are legit tech/bug help.

In the space of an hour the following posts have been made and/or bumped by me;

http://engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29412 (Serious issue, possibly even a bug within 001)
http://engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29396 (A bumped topic due to no reply)
http://engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29395 (001 bug)

Topics but in total today over an hour ago;

http://engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29285 (A topic bumped by gamerdude today as he helped me to which i also replied)

Those are the only topics today.

Many thanks.
Last edited by Danny on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:28 pm

I think some users might prefer you to try a bit harder before posting your questions. We understand you work very fast and encounter many issues, but to reduce the amount of posts you make and the impact it has on everyone, it might be appreciated if you give things a few days before asking about them. And countless times the wiki is pointed out - consider using it more as it's extremely extensive.

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:30 pm

Mike wrote:I think some users might prefer you to try a bit harder before posting your questions. We understand you work very fast and encounter many issues, but to reduce the amount of posts you make and the impact it has on everyone, it might be appreciated if you give things a few days before asking about them. And countless times the wiki is pointed out - consider using it more as it's extremely extensive.

Ok

CnN
001 Subscriber

Postby CnN » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:03 pm

Hey Danny. Just wanted to say that my comment here wasn't aimed at you as a person or as a dev. I think that everyone who posts on forums has unintentionally spammed them once or twice. Myself included. The definition of spamming being subjective; I'll move on to saying I've seen the game you're working on...

The title is impressive and ambitious; and you're really making progress! I'm excited for DL'ing and playing the demo. I understand Chocoblocks must take a lot of help, as it's one of the more/most intricate titles I've seen here since 2009; and so far along in development as well.

Good luck with your game; although I don't think you'll need it. It looks great.

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:11 pm

CnN wrote:Hey Danny. Just wanted to say that my comment here wasn't aimed at you as a person or as a dev. I think that everyone who posts on forums has unintentionally spammed them once or twice. Myself included. The definition of spamming being subjective; I'll move on to saying I've seen the game you're working on...

The title is impressive and ambitious; and you're really making progress! I'm excited for DL'ing and playing the demo. I understand Chocoblocks must take a lot of help, as it's one of the more/most intricate titles I've seen here since 2009; and so far along in development as well.

Good luck with your game; although I don't think you'll need it. It looks great.

It's fine people have me labelled on the forums anyway i guess it was only a matter of time before someone said something. Glad you like my game but i wouldn't get hyped about as am thinking of giving up on it. Don't worry about my spamming topics i'll be refraining from seeking help and submitting bug topics, if you can see me as a spammer and have the balls to say something about then clearly others think it.

If you made the second post because someone asked you to then i wouldn't have bothered, if you made it because you personally wanted to then thanks.

Anyway, sorry.

CnN
001 Subscriber

Postby CnN » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:13 pm

The post was all me. And you're welcome. Meant what I said; hope to play that demo soon.

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:14 pm

CnN wrote:The post was all me. And you're welcome. Meant what I said; hope to play that demo soon.

I've removed the demo from 001 already, sorry. :(

Return to Technical Support Questions