The New Harry Potter film

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
rulegram
001 Enthusiast

The New Harry Potter film

Postby rulegram » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:58 am

As many of you are probably aware, recently Warner Brothers and J.K. Rowling announced that they will be releasing a new film set in the world of "Harry Potter".
This film, "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them", follows the adventures of Newt Scamander - the author of the eponymous book which J.K. once released for charity and which was also referred to in the Potter novels.
J.K. Rowling is said to be exclusively writing the script (with no rewrites by more experienced screenwriters) and she has always said that she would return to the world of "Harry Potter".

Yet it's only been six years since she released the last novel. Is this an indication, do you think, that her post-Potter novels have not been very successful (despite coyly played publicity stunts)? Is it a bit too early to be returning to that world?

For Warner Brothers; who have only been away from the Potter saga for two years, it makes perfect sense. It's a guaranteed financial success. Yet, for J.K. Rowling, I'm slightly disappointed. I'll love the movie - like I loved the Potter saga - but it's a little disappointing to see her returning to the magical world so swiftly.

What are your thoughts on all this? Do you think that it's a good move or do you solemnly swear that her mischief has been managed?
Best 001 quote ever: "this is a HUGE GAME. It has a file of 68.59MB." - dude

Wonderland
001 Forum Master

Re: The New Harry Potter film

Postby Wonderland » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:39 pm

When I first heard the announcement I had no idea what it was about (sounded like a book based on a fiction non-fiction book, if you know what I mean) but now I can see... it has potential, I think. I can see it. It could be full of CGI monsters and eccentric scientist-type dudes.

Yeah, might see it.

AndreasWZ

Postby AndreasWZ » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:51 am

Potter fans can only hope. :)

gerardred
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby gerardred » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:34 am

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3183660/
The new film that takes place in the Harry Potter universe:
fantastic beast and where to find them
Last edited by gerardred on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

Return to General Discussion