Variables still show even when deleted?

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Danny
001 Forum Master

Variables still show even when deleted?

Postby Danny » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:31 pm

Okay this is confusing. I had some variables at one point but decided to delete them (Global Variables) but when i use a varilable operation they still show in the list even though i deleted them. I even closed 001 down and opened it again but they still show. I'm 100% sure i deleted them. The image below shows the 4 variables inside the red box.

Is this normal?
Attachments
untitled.PNG

Lee
001 Support

Re: Variables still show even when deleted?

Postby Lee » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:19 am

Can you try creating a brand new variable, then deleting it and seeing if they show up in the Variables list? If they do, send a bug report and I can look into it.

Otherwise, make sure you don't have any Local Variables/Parameter Variables that share the same names - as these might be what they are.
Lee - 001 Community Manager

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:42 am

Parameter Variables

The culprit. I was not aware that Parameter variables showed in the Global Varilables list when using a Variable operation branch. I just only though you could call them via the use value. :?

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:42 am

That isn't a list specifically for Global Variables. The Variable Operation event will list all of your Global, Local (if applicable) and Parameter Variables (if applicable/inside a Custom Event). I believe it also lists Switches as well but I could be wrong about that.
Lee - 001 Community Manager

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:48 pm

Lee wrote:That isn't a list specifically for Global Variables. The Variable Operation event will list all of your Global, Local (if applicable) and Parameter Variables (if applicable/inside a Custom Event). I believe it also lists Switches as well but I could be wrong about that.

I havent seen switches in the list ever. I never knew it displayed locals or stuff. Thanks Lee for the help and information, this actually helps alot now.

Return to Technical Support Questions